Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The animal that you hate/freaks you out the most?

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anglerfish

The big, scary, teethy thing is the female of the species. ...and the puny, little maggot underneath it is the male!
    The males are indeed tiny and they sort of dig into the female and live there. - eventually becoming no more than a parasitic, sperm-producing body inside the female.

*shudders* so odd!

Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fig_23_Melanocetus_w_male.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	148383  
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harley)
    Believe it or not my wee sister watches a disney channel show where the little kid has one of those for a pet...
    Well I guess it's kind of like the films where the kids have pet chimps.. In reality they rip people's faces off lol

You should definitely make sure she realises that she can't have one in real life! lol. To be honest I can understand people wanting monkeys and maybe even big snakes and lizards like iguanas and pythons if they're kept in tanks most of the time. Massive evil-looking carnivorous things that are bigger and stronger than fully grown men, naturally very hostile and very difficult to train - that is something I don't understand. Apparently in the TV show (fatal attractions) it goes into how it's an ego thing.

And apparently you have to have your central heating on 80 fahrenheit constantly, day and night if you want them to roam free (unless you have a tank the size of an average living room) and it would stink.

The guy who got eaten by them apparently had 7 that were 6-7 feet long in a studio apartment, bearing in mind that just one of them on it's own would be bigger, stronger and MUCH faster than him (I think they jump a bit too) and they're carnivorous with hostile natures when it comes to feeding. If you feed them bare handed then they start to see you as food. According to the info online apparently from the bites they were giving him he got infected and he might or might not have been unconscious and they all ate him, face first. The worst bit on the video clip was probably seeing the lizard crawling along the floor all evil looking leaving a messy trail of blood. They're just HIDEOUS.

Anybody who wants one even after seeing that video should be sectioned.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr-member)
    Anglerfish

The big, scary, teethy thing is the female of the species. ...and the puny, little maggot underneath it is the male!
    The males are indeed tiny and they sort of dig into the female and live there. - eventually becoming no more than a parasitic, sperm-producing body inside the female.

*shudders* so odd!

The description of the male-female relationship just sounds like a clingy couple. You know the type who are really fun when they're single and then appear to drop off the face of the earth when they find each other. THOSE people. I think we've just come up with a new insult for them actually.

"you anglerfish!" <<<< You heard/saw it here first people!
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sloths.

I don't know why people say they're cute, they're ****ing disgusting.

Vile.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    snake ,i can't stand it
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its the Ostrich for me!!
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rats/mice
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    This

Name:	dramatic lemur.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	148385
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cassowaries and emus.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Homosapiens seconded: The only species that has ever existed on earth (to our knowledge) that is capable of taking pleasure from inflicting pain and suffering on others.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torpedo Fish)
    Homosapiens seconded: The only species that has ever existed on earth (to our knowledge) that is capable of taking pleasure from inflicting pain and suffering on others.
    And what was change? humans, the successor of homosapiens, might be cruel as well, if they want. As humans count to animals (Introduction to evolution), they are the animals which I hate most of all. My reasons:

- some of them are so stupid that they make the same mistake time and time again!
    - humans are irresposible: they exploit the world so much that they endanger all kinds of life here on earth.
    - humans are ridiculous: they had founded settlements/civilizations from time to time to be independent of natural influences. And what was happened? they are independent more than before in our "modern" society... :facepalm:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a bit of a thing against baboons because they look so aggressive.

Apart from Rafiki of course.
    Attached Thumbnails

Name:	557px-128512118532535-cw.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	179.2 KB 
ID:	151215  
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    I have a bit of a thing against baboons because they look so aggressive.

Apart from Rafiki of course.
    I thought he is a mandrill?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I thought he is a mandrill?
    I think he's sort of a cross between the two.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    I think he's sort of a cross between the two.
    I have seen mandrills in a zoo which have a bare-bottom like baboons...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr-member)
    Anglerfish

*shudders* so odd!

Lol all I can think of is that fish from Finding Nemo Ah, how life is being a social outcast! But agreed, these are hideous.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I have seen mandrills in a zoo which have a bare-bottom like baboons...
    I googled it; "though he somewhat resembles a mandrill, Rafiki has a long tail and lacks a distinctive crested head, and is referred to usually as a baboon"
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dux_Helvetica)
    Eels! Ever since I found a dead one in the lake nearby I've held them in contempt as my least favourite animal. Nasty/vicuous looking teeth, bad smell, slimy to the touch. Disgusting.
    Of course he smells bad if he's dead, poor guy. Don't judge the whole eel population on that, I bet they smell gorgeous normally

(Original post by Torpedo Fish)
    Isn't cats playing with prey kinda like that?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate them, but I am deeply disturbed by jellyfish.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Naked mole rats.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 4, 2014
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered animals and pets threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.