The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sbobat
Well of course it's different. That much could be said of any other state regardless of if it is Islamic or not..

And I think it terms of the United Arab Emirates then no it isn't so different as long as you don't mind drinking in designated places and privately, not doing illegal drugs, not publicly having premarital sex, then your pretty much fine. Is that too much too ask? :s-smilie:

So would it be so different if the UK became an Islamic state? Some of the scare stories in the media are like it would totally change our way of life.
Reply 101
Original post by MagicNMedicine
So would it be so different if the UK became an Islamic state? Some of the scare stories in the media are like it would totally change our way of life.

Firstly lmao England will never become an Islamic state so don't worry about that.
Secondly the term 'Islamic state' cannot truly be attributed to any country in the world as there isn't a single country that practices Islamic law. Saudi Arabia's laws are totally anti-Islamic especially in regards to women where it does not even allow women to drive. At the prophet's time they were fine with women riding camels so as that is the transport equivalent of the car, it's basically some bull**** rule. Afghanistan under talibani 'Islamic' rule did not allow women to seek education and that is absolutely against Islamic law where women are encouraged to become educated. In fact at the prophets time women had a whole day attributed just for them in addition to the remaining days of the week for the prophet's lectures.
So basically all these so-called Islamic countries follow laws they've just fabricated to claim as 'Islam'

A true Islamic state, as they used to be at the time of the Caliphates, allows non-muslims to live peacefully and freely, to practice their own religion, have their own religious sites, and to be treated as equals in the face of the law.

Scare stories are precisely that. Scare stories. But from personal experience, living in Dubai really isn't an absolute change of life.
Original post by NDGAARONDI
Fancy changing the law so I can get a blowjob on a train with legal impunity?

I bet they even knew they'd be reported by the Daily Mail if they did this as there is previous with ex-pats having sex in public being reported in that newspaper. May be they'd think twice if Dubai had flogging as punishment instead.

You missed where I said I was not referring to the legality or the morality of doing it in a taxi but the person saying only the woman is a slut for having sex with a stranger.

I have already said that I dont oppose this woman and man being punished.
I don't the understand what the OP is trying to convey here? That Dubai is ''intolerant, with it's crazy, backward ultra strict Islamic laws''? Well, it's ILLEGAL IN THE UK to have sex in public transport as well.
Original post by sbobat
Firstly lmao England will never become an Islamic state so don't worry about that.
Secondly the term 'Islamic state' cannot truly be attributed to any country in the world as there isn't a single country that practices Islamic law. Saudi Arabia's laws are totally anti-Islamic especially in regards to women where it does not even allow women to drive. At the prophet's time they were fine with women riding camels so as that is the transport equivalent of the car, it's basically some bull**** rule. Afghanistan under talibani 'Islamic' rule did not allow women to seek education and that is absolutely against Islamic law where women are encouraged to become educated. In fact at the prophets time women had a whole day attributed just for them in addition to the remaining days of the week for the prophet's lectures.
So basically all these so-called Islamic countries follow laws they've just fabricated to claim as 'Islam'

A true Islamic state, as they used to be at the time of the Caliphates, allows non-muslims to live peacefully and freely, to practice their own religion, have their own religious sites, and to be treated as equals in the face of the law.

Scare stories are precisely that. Scare stories. But from personal experience, living in Dubai really isn't an absolute change of life.

Absolutely,100 percent correct. Everything you said.
Reply 105
Original post by sbobat

Well said. I would +1 you but can't do so on my phone :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Latest

Trending

Trending