The Student Room Group

Why do all uni students have MacBooks?

At least at my uni (a Russell Group one) EVERYBODY seems to have a MacBook Pro. Seriously, it's ridiculous, you see them everywhere, they even take them to Starbucks. It's only the nerds using PCs apparently. I mean, even during Freshers' Fair the communist society was signing up new members on a Mac.

Just curious, why is this so? Is it the same at other universities? What about non-Russell Group unis?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't think anybody I knew at uni had a mac. Maybe there were one or two I missed.
Reply 2
Original post by Slumpy
I don't think anybody I knew at uni had a mac. Maybe there were one or two I missed.

Year and uni please?
Reply 3
Please tell me the photo is from an actual lecture at your uni?
Reply 4
Look at that guy in the yellow shirt he doesn't have a Mac Book!! Loser!! haha
Reply 5
Where did that girl get her pink macbook cover!!!

I want one..
Reply 6
Everyone here has one, too. They walk off and leave them unattended in the library and everything.

I'm not exactly impoverished- just an average student, but there's no way I could afford a mac. I have a little cheap Samsung, and it does the job. :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by noobynoo
Look at that guy in the yellow shirt he doesn't have a Mac Book!! Loser!! haha

Hahaha I hadn't noticed. Ta.
Reply 8
That photo is probably from a lecture course on "How to use a Mac Book" dumbasses
It's so they can tell everyone they're poor :wink:
Original post by Sadsnail
Where did that girl get her pink macbook cover!!!

I want one..

You can get them off eBay fairly cheap :biggrin:
Reply 11
Is that girl in the front row just really short or what?
Reply 12
Original post by speedbird
Year and uni please?

Cambridge, and I graduated last year. If it helps, I can think of maybe one guy in the 2 years below that had one too.
Reply 13
Original post by Ayshizzle
You can get them off eBay fairly cheap :biggrin:

What are they called?! Need oneee :biggrin:
Reply 14
Probably has something to do with the combined factors of there being student discounts for university students who buy Apple laptops and a lot of idiots thinking Apple laptops/pcs are actually good.

(*braces himself for the barrage of negs from the Apple fan boys/girls*)
Macs are a great way to separate the idiots from the people with actual sense...
Original post by Sadsnail
What are they called?! Need oneee :biggrin:

Er just search Macbook case and they'll all come up... Make sure you change the criteria to "UK only" (if you're from the UK ofc) as most of them are shipped from abroad.

There's so many different colours, they're so pretty!!
Reply 17
Original post by noobynoo
That photo is probably from a lecture course on "How to use a Mac Book" dumbasses

And the guy in yellow just casually went there without one?
My couple years old Dell inspiron was the best laptop in my flat ahaa
Don't think I ever saw a Mac at uni, but nobody used laptops in my lectures anyway. There was one guy with an ipad, that's about it.

Went to Southampton, dropped out earlier this year :p:
Reply 19
because theyre pretty? :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending