The Student Room Group

McDonalds requirement process

I basically had an interview at McDonald about two months ago , and went for the welcome meeting few weeks after. then I was told to wait for a call for my shifts, and I still haven't received the call. I don't know whether to book my shifts on ourlounge or do I have to call in to double check with them?

if anyone works in McDonalds and knows the process please help!!!:rolleyes:
Reply 1
Try ringing up the store :smile: It is likely they have forgot about you, or your uniform hasn't arrived yet... I had the same problem :mad:
Just ring your store. There's probably a problem with your uniform or something
Reply 3
Really not happy with McDonalds at the minute. Applied for a job as a customer care assistant, had an interview, got the job and attended the welcome meeting yesterday. Asked the woman how long it took before Id be a customer care assistant and apparently she's hired me as a crew member (which pays £2 per hour less than the job i applied for) because she thinks id "prefer working on the tills". Is this even legal? It had never been explained to me that the job I was applying for was different to the one id been recruited for and I've basically been hired for a lower paying job than i wanted. She said if i still want to be a customer care assistant after my first shift I should e-mail her and shell try me out on dining. Sounds to me like she's trying to get me to do work for as little pay as possible (I'm 16 so the crew member only pays £4.25 for me)
Reply 4
Original post by el.sammo
Really not happy with McDonalds at the minute. Applied for a job as a customer care assistant, had an interview, got the job and attended the welcome meeting yesterday. Asked the woman how long it took before Id be a customer care assistant and apparently she's hired me as a crew member (which pays £2 per hour less than the job i applied for) because she thinks id "prefer working on the tills". Is this even legal? It had never been explained to me that the job I was applying for was different to the one id been recruited for and I've basically been hired for a lower paying job than i wanted. She said if i still want to be a customer care assistant after my first shift I should e-mail her and shell try me out on dining. Sounds to me like she's trying to get me to do work for as little pay as possible (I'm 16 so the crew member only pays £4.25 for me)

Wow I'd happily accept the offer. But it's up to how you feel..are you a school leaver btw? and does mcdonalds recruit even if you have no experience?
Reply 5
Original post by noorul87
Wow I'd happily accept the offer. But it's up to how you feel..are you a school leaver btw? and does mcdonalds recruit even if you have no experience?

No i'm in my first year a-levels. It just seems unfair that she's hired me for a job i didn't want. Its not fair to just hire someone for a different job because "you think it would suit them better" without even mentioning it to them
Reply 6
Yeah but you clean peoples mess when youre a customer care assistant and that won't be the best thing to do?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 7
I was getting worried Cz some of the people that went to my welcome meeting had their name on the schedule so wasn't too sure if I was supposed to pick my own hours or wait

Reply 8
Original post by ss2012
Yeah but you clean peoples mess when youre a customer care assistant and that won't be the best thing to do?

Id rather clean for £6.10 an hour then slave over a fryer and serve loads of customers for £4.25 an hour. Fair enough its a dirtier job but the higher pay more than covers it imo
Reply 9
hmm , I don't know . I certainly have a different opinion. but if you're not happy about what the manger told you, you should let her know. and if you don't like the job you can look for something else if they wouldn't let you do what you wanna do.
Reply 10
Original post by el.sammo
No i'm in my first year a-levels. It just seems unfair that she's hired me for a job i didn't want. Its not fair to just hire someone for a different job because "you think it would suit them better" without even mentioning it to them

Do I need experience to be hired by mcdonalds?
Reply 11

nope.
Reply 12

you just need to be good at convincing the manger you can do it on the online application
Reply 13
OMG I'm in same situation. I applied for Crew, and wasn't told till Welcome meeting i'm working mainly on the dining area, cleaning tables?? Umm...Okayyy??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending