The Student Room Group

General Discussion thread for Current Year 11/Soon to be Sixth Formers!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
Lol the only question that got me was a grade D question which asked: "What is meant by a random sample?" I had no idea how to explain it :tongue:

I hate stupid questions like that! :L isn't it where you just choose a certain number of things at random, where each thing has equal chance of being chosen? For example, allocate everything a number and use a random number generator?
Original post by CharlieBoardman
I hate stupid questions like that! :L isn't it where you just choose a certain number of things at random, where each thing has equal chance of being chosen? For example, allocate everything a number and use a random number generator?

Yeah, I think it is :tongue: But yeah, I hate stupid questions like that :tongue:
Yeah, I think it is :tongue: But yeah, I hate stupid questions like that :tongue:

Nothing to do with 'proper maths'! /:
Nothing to do with 'proper maths'! /:

Ikr! Anyway mate, I'm getting really tired now. I think I better go to bed :frown: See ya later! :biggrin:
Ikr! Anyway mate, I'm getting really tired now. I think I better go to bed :frown: See ya later! :biggrin:

Me too mate! Night pal :smile: speak to you tomorrow :biggrin:
Good morning, you two :smile: I'm not gonna be on much today, I'm afraid, it's the last day that I have to revise so I may as well just spend today looking over my history notes :tongue: Have a nice day! :biggrin:
Good morning, you two :smile: I'm not gonna be on much today, I'm afraid, it's the last day that I have to revise so I may as well just spend today looking over my history notes :tongue: Have a nice day! :biggrin:

Morning mate.... No worries :smile: Have a really fun day revising! :biggrin:
:cry2: I'll probably do some revision too, but I don't have the determination of you to do it all day! :biggrin:
Original post by Pandora.
:cry2: I'll probably do some revision too, but I don't have the determination of you to do it all day! :biggrin:

What are you revising for now? :smile:
Morning mate.... No worries :smile: Have a really fun day revising! :biggrin:

Afternoon! What you up to? :smile: Lol I'm so bored now after revision tbh :tongue:

Lol 'all day' means about 2 hours revising, and 8 hours looking at my book, wishing I was doing something else :tongue:
Up to anything much? :smile:
Afternoon! What you up to? :smile: Lol I'm so bored now after revision tbh :tongue:

Afternoon! I bet you are! I only enjoy revising for Maths or Sciences :tongue: it's my mums birthday today, so weve been out together for some lunch :smile:

Some idiot on the main thread trying to tell me Chemistry is better than Physics! :mad: And now he's trying to provoke me into a debate! Grr. Don't get me started. :mad:
Afternoon! I bet you are! I only enjoy revising for Maths or Sciences :tongue: it's my mums birthday today, so weve been out together for some lunch :smile:

Some idiot on the main thread trying to tell me Chemistry is better than Physics! :mad: And now he's trying to provoke me into a debate! Grr. Don't get me started. :mad:

Happy birthday to her!! :biggrin: I hope you're both having/had a good time :smile:

Lol I saw that. I wanted to + rep you but it said that I had to rate someone else first :frown: I got into a bit of an argument with this guy: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2030944&page=29&p=38111301#post38111301 today so we've both had similar things going on :tongue:
Happy birthday to her!! :biggrin: I hope you're both having/had a good time :smile:

Lol I saw that. I wanted to + rep you but it said that I had to rate someone else first :frown: I got into a bit of an argument with this guy: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2030944&page=29&p=38111301#post38111301 today so we've both had similar things going on :tongue:

Argh!! I just negged you by mistake!! I meant to pos you!!! :frown: going to give it back as soon as I can :frown:
Argh!! I just negged you by mistake!! I meant to pos you!!! :frown: going to give it back as soon as I can :frown:

Lol don't worry about it :tongue: I accidentally neg people too sometimes :smile:

Or is this some sort of conspiracy you and Catherine have against me? :tongue:
What are you revising for now? :smile:
History :smile:
Lol 'all day' means about 2 hours revising, and 8 hours looking at my book, wishing I was doing something else :tongue:
Up to anything much? :smile:
Ah, I can sympathise with you there! :biggrin:
Not really. :frown: I was getting my brother to read me questions from my notes, but he skipped the stuff I didn't know and gave up after the first topic. Great... :rolleyes:
Jeez I'm just getting fed up with how hostile people are on here nowadays! We have nice conversations on threads and suddenly everyone is arguing....I must admit I've been trying to defend myself but I'm just going to leave it now..they're not worth it..
Lol don't worry about it :tongue: I accidentally neg people too sometimes :smile:

Or is this some sort of conspiracy you and Catherine have against me? :tongue:

We secretly have a plan to sabotage your rep! :wink:

Don't worry, I'll give you a pos in a few days :smile:

Original post by g.k.galloway
Jeez I'm just getting fed up with how hostile people are on here nowadays! We have nice conversations on threads and suddenly everyone is arguing....I must admit I've been trying to defend myself but I'm just going to leave it now..they're not worth it..

What's happening now?!

I'm at work guys, so I'll be slow replying!
Original post by g.k.galloway

Join our conversation :smile: You're also one of the "originals" of the current year 11 thread, so we know how you feel :wink:

Ah, I can sympathise with you there! :biggrin:
Not really. :frown: I was getting my brother to read me questions from my notes, but he skipped the stuff I didn't know and gave up after the first topic. Great... :rolleyes:

Ahaha lol I asked my brother to do the same (I swear me and you do the same things to them...). He just did one chapter too and gave up on the other chapters too :tongue:

We secretly have a plan to sabotage your rep! :wink:

Don't worry, I'll give you a pos in a few days :smile:

I'm at work guys, so I'll be slow replying!

Lol I thought so :tongue:

Have fun! :biggrin:
I'm free in 4 days, a good England result will top it off though!
OK people, I'm going now :frown: Sorry for being inactive today, but I so want to do well in history :smile: But on the bright side, no more GCSE exams from tomorrow for me, so I'll be able to spend more time here :biggrin: :biggrin:

See ya :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest