The Student Room Group

General Discussion thread for Current Year 11/Soon to be Sixth Formers!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GreenLantern1
You goin to the Wimbledon Fair in prep for the tournament? I am there today.
Nope, stuck up North. :sad:

Enjoying yourself? :smile:
Reply 781
Original post by Safiya122
Haha :smile:
Wow, you've already started? I'm going to start, soon.. Just don't know exactly when.

Yup, my math teacher gets a bit annoyed with me for it, but its pretty simple, at least the intros to each section, they're usually based on year 10/11 topics (:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
Reply 782

German Reading on Wednesday...then it's all over! Though thankfully this is an easy exam so have been relaxing already!

Ahhh, nice to know someone's in the same position and approaching it the same way as me! (':

Original post by Pandora.
Nope, stuck up North. :sad:

Enjoying yourself? :smile:

Just got back from Wimbledon... it was pretty good actually!
Original post by Raven1895
Ahhh, nice to know someone's in the same position and approaching it the same way as me! (':

Hehe is this your last exam? What you aiming for...
Reply 785
Hehe is this your last exam? What you aiming for...

Yup :biggrin: Well I want to try and get an A in the reading (preferably a high one) so my total grade will average a B :biggrin: and you?
Oh! What did you think of the listening as well!?

Yup :biggrin: Well I want to try and get an A in the reading (preferably a high one) so my total grade will average a B :biggrin: and you?
Oh! What did you think of the listening as well!?

Listening was alright! According to unofficial markscheme on here I got 37/40 - have you looked at it? How did you find it?

I am just aiming for a D on the reading paper- don't need any higher.
Just got back from Wimbledon... it was pretty good actually!
Great, I'll have to go some year! :smile:
Reply 788
Listening was alright! According to unofficial markscheme on here I got 37/40 - have you looked at it? How did you find it?

I am just aiming for a D on the reading paper- don't need any higher.

There's one up? I didn't have a clue! I still have a lot to learn on here XD Any chance you could send me a copy of the link please? (:
It was okay, the last question was confusing where you had to change the underlined word /: but not too bad (:
Ah lucky! What's your overall grade you're looking for? (:

Reply 789
Original post by najabri
Wow, I only finished GCSEs yesterday, and you're already on A levels! I think I'll get some materials to do over the summer, but I'm not entirely sure what, as I think for some subjects the school loans textbooks etc, so it's not worth buying them if I'll get them in September anyway.

I do still have a music exam in the second week of July so it's mainly music practice now... my teacher says there is no excuse for me not to practise everything everyday, and I can't think of any good counter-arguments :tongue: .

Oh! I've been revising since the start of year 11, much to my teacher's displeasure (': I haven't finished my GCSEs yet! I've got one more exam left, German! :3 That's a smart idea! I just bought the CGP one for the right exam board (': Be warned though... their maths textbook has a whole page dedicated to cows...

Good luck! That's one smart teacher ('; what you gonna be playing? Or singing (:
Reply 790

Haha, I remember that!

How are we all? Had my prom the night before last, absolutely mental after prom, couldn't get any sleep from 4am onwards due to the music, so I walked 12 miles from 5-8 to get home. What a night.
There's one up? I didn't have a clue! I still have a lot to learn on here XD Any chance you could send me a copy of the link please? (:
It was okay, the last question was confusing where you had to change the underlined word /: but not too bad (:
Ah lucky! What's your overall grade you're looking for? (:

Hehe I just want an A*. Luckily I got practically 100% in everything so far that I just need a D in this!

Ad change the underlined word - did we do the same paper?
Great, I'll have to go some year! :smile:

Yeah. You definitely should - it was better than I expected. Going to any wimbledon games now then?
Reply 793
Hehe I just want an A*. Luckily I got practically 100% in everything so far that I just need a D in this!

Ad change the underlined word - did we do the same paper?

Just an A*! I'd love that, but I don't think I'm gonna get that (':

Umm I was sitting the higher paper last Monday in the afternoon (:

Yeah. You definitely should - it was better than I expected. Going to any wimbledon games now then?
Good! :biggrin: Nope, I'll just be watching them from home this year. :sad: If I end up going to uni in/around London though, I'll definitely be staying to watch some games then. :tongue: Are you?
Good! :biggrin: Nope, I'll just be watching them from home this year. :sad: If I end up going to uni in/around London though, I'll definitely be staying to watch some games then. :tongue: Are you?

Yh well my uncle has got tickets for quarter-final and so he might take me. Quarter final so not amaze - but I never actually been to watch an actual tournamenttennis match before!

Btw Nadal ist am besten!
Just an A*! I'd love that, but I don't think I'm gonna get that (':

Umm I was sitting the higher paper last Monday in the afternoon (:

Lol well I didn't mean the 'just' like that hehe! But I am pretty chileld out with it.

The answer to the first question was A - Schloss - the castle. Did you do that papeR?
Yh well my uncle has got tickets for quarter-final and so he might take me. Quarter final so not amaze - but I never actually been to watch an actual tournamenttennis match before!

Btw Nadal ist am besten!
:eek: You actually can't imagine how jealous I am! :cry2:

Another Nadal fan? :tongue: He's second best IMO. :wink: (good luck with German!)
:eek: You actually can't imagine how jealous I am! :cry2:

Another Nadal fan? :tongue: He's second best IMO. :wink: (good luck with German!)

How did you know? (about the german) looool

And yeh Nadal rules. He is blatantly the best out there!

Though if you really love Federer you wull be jealous to know that my uncle (he is Federer-crazed) has a signed Federer tennis ball!!!! He got it when Federer was kinda a nobody but rising!
Original post by c3ntury
Haha, I remember that!

How are we all? Had my prom the night before last, absolutely mental after prom, couldn't get any sleep from 4am onwards due to the music, so I walked 12 miles from 5-8 to get home. What a night.
:eek: I miss Mark I, so funny!

You walked 12 miles?! Wow.. just wow! :eek: I'd probably only be able to manage half of that before I collapsed :tongue:

Still recovering from prom then, or are you functioning normally again? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest