The Student Room Group

General Discussion thread for Current Year 11/Soon to be Sixth Formers!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
:youbetcha: mine and WizKhalifia's idea (used to be TheDizeeKid)!

Anyone watching The Voice ?

I have:biggrin: I like Tyler I think he has a really unique voice, who do you like?
For the AQA English exam tomoz how much do we write for each question? Our English teacher says 2-3 sides bit I cant write that quick as I put thought into what I'm writing.
Anyone considering doing a degree in the Netherlands? Only 1.4 k a year! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Study_in_the_Netherlands
Reply 83
For the AQA English exam tomoz how much do we write for each question? Our English teacher says 2-3 sides bit I cant write that quick as I put thought into what I'm writing.

Which unit? 1?
Original post by PrinceyJ
Which unit? 1?

Yh the one tomoz
Reply 85
Yh the one tomoz

When I did it I did about that much. But then again it isn't about quantity it's about quality. Some people wrote just under 2 sides and got full marks in my school.
Reply 86
So then What bits and bobs are you guys buying for sixth form? We have to wear a smart suit and shirt so I need to get a black jacket.
Also need to get folders and things....not entirely sure how I am going to organise everything... Probably a big folder at home for each subject and then one to take to school that can be emptied every now and again...
Reply 87
Original post by Pandora.
What kind of job are you wanting to get? :smile:

Any basic jobs such as shelf filling and counter assistant, just to start off my working life and gain some experience, need a bit of money aswell :smile:...any tips on finding jobs?
Original post by g.k.galloway
So then What bits and bobs are you guys buying for sixth form? We have to wear a smart suit and shirt so I need to get a black jacket.
Also need to get folders and things....not entirely sure how I am going to organise everything... Probably a big folder at home for each subject and then one to take to school that can be emptied every now and again...

Probably lots of pens, pencils rulers things like that.
Notepads
I might buy a graphics calculator later in the year
I have my uniform it's just a suit to be honest
A new bag! Not sure which one, any ideas?
REVISION guides
Reply 89
Notepads
REVISION guides

soz just got back in from my latest garden revision session (takes me away from my laptop lol!)

yeh I was thinking that... I oddly love shopping for things like that lol...knowing me everything will be colour coded. I'll most likely assign a colour to each subject for folders etc.

Still debating on whether to go for another rucksack or a messenger bag thing....
(edited 11 years ago)
I haven't got a huge amount of plans for the summer. I'll be working a few days a week to get some more money as I need to pay for half of my trip to Kenya next February! I'm also going to London for a few days after results and will be going to the Harry Potter Studios (:biggrin:) and I'll most likely be going to Belgium to see my dad but we haven't confirmed any dates. Other than that, it's a lazy summer!
Reply 91
Original post by JLKeating
I haven't got a huge amount of plans for the summer. I'll be working a few days a week to get some more money as I need to pay for half of my trip to Kenya next February! I'm also going to London for a few days after results and will be going to the Harry Potter Studios (:biggrin:) and I'll most likely be going to Belgium to see my dad but we haven't confirmed any dates. Other than that, it's a lazy summer!

Sounds good! I hope to go to the HP. studios - verrryyy jealous!!!

going on my annual trip to scotland to see g.parents and going to cornwall for my great granddad's 100th!
Also got a work exp. placement... other than that lazing around doing nothing but watching films... will hopefully get more involved with my hockey and kickboxing (soon to start kb at local centre).
And of course the constant stress of exam results.... I dread to think what it will be like the day before!
We're all going to be on here completely stressing out!!!
Notepads
REVISION guides

Uniform??
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Uniform??

Im going to a sixth formwhere you have to wear a suit, aren't you?
Reply 94
Uniform??

I have to wear a black jacket and trousers/skirt (trousers for me after 5 years of wearing a skirt lol) and a collared shirt of any colour I like. Boys have to wear a tie too. :smile:

do you not have to?
Im going to a sixth formwhere you have to wear a suit, aren't you?

I have to wear a black jacket and trousers/skirt (trousers for me after 5 years of wearing a skirt lol) and a collared shirt of any colour I like. Boys have to wear a tie too. :smile:

do you not have to?

none of that for us! We just wear what we like :smile: I'm going to a college you see.
Reply 96
none of that for us! We just wear what we like :smile: I'm going to a college you see.

ah right... at college you do get to wear what you like..I think that has positives and negatives. you can entirely choose but after a while you get up in the morning and think - what do I wear..?
that's the good thing about uniform...
Reply 97
Nah, I don't think you need to write that much. For someone with average writing I think you're just expected to write a page for each of the Section B questions. For the Section A questions I'm not too sure, but since it is worth the same amount of marks for one question as both the Section B ones put together, I'd say about 2 sides. :smile:
Anyone considering doing a degree in the Netherlands? Only 1.4 k a year! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Study_in_the_Netherlands
:holmes: Interesting...
Original post by noorul87
Any basic jobs such as shelf filling and counter assistant, just to start off my working life and gain some experience, need a bit of money aswell :smile:...any tips on finding jobs?
Ah right. :smile: I can't give you any tips I'm afraid, I've never done it. :redface:
ah right... at college you do get to wear what you like..I think that has positives and negatives. you can entirely choose but after a while you get up in the morning and think - what do I wear..?
that's the good thing about uniform...

I'd prefer a Uniform if I'm honest! precisely for the fact I've just stated - I'll run out of things to wear! Which means having to go out and buy more clothes -.-
Original post by Pandora.
Nah, I don't think you need to write that much. For someone with average writing I think you're just expected to write a page for each of the Section B questions. For the Section A questions I'm not too sure, but since it is worth the same amount of marks for one question as both the Section B ones put together, I'd say about 2 sides. :smile::holmes: Interesting...Ah right. :smile: I can't give you any tips I'm afraid, I've never done it. :redface:

I think it'll be great, when I leave I'll be fluent in Dutch which is an advantage as it's the 6th largest economy in the world. Also when all you guys leave you'll have 27k student debts at least just for tuition fees I'll have none! It'd run into the 40's if you'd went to Scotland

Quick Reply

Latest