The Student Room Group

URGENT: Cancelling results after already taking a module?

I have just sat an Economics paper for Edexcel. I have not sat the second one yet. For various reasons, I would like to drop Economics altogether - I do not want the grade, I do not want them to mark my paper. I do not want that grade to show up anywhere.

Would this still be possible, even though I've already sat a paper? I would love to call, but they're closed, and this is very time-sensitive.
Reply 1
Original post by heyquickquestion
I have just sat an Economics paper for Edexcel. I have not sat the second one yet. For various reasons, I would like to drop Economics altogether - I do not want the grade, I do not want them to mark my paper. I do not want that grade to show up anywhere.

Would this still be possible, even though I've already sat a paper? I would love to call, but they're closed, and this is very time-sensitive.

You can withdraw from units and/or the request for an overall grade up to early July. As usual it all has to be done through the exam centre and if you are enrolled at the centre (as opposed to being a private candidate) then they may not allow you to withdraw. You will have to go and talk to your tutor/Head of 6th - whoever has the power to let you.
You don't have to cash in your grades anyway, I believe.
Reply 3
Original post by twizzzzzzter
You don't have to cash in your grades anyway, I believe.

The school may insist as not cashing in impacts on school funding
Original post by TenOfThem
The school may insist as not cashing in impacts on school funding

That's true, but poor cashed in grades contribute to the "___% A*-C at A level" statistics

Quick Reply

Latest