The Student Room Group

English Literature GCSE AQA (poetry) May 24th, Higher tier

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
What was the ums combined score for an A for English lit?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by kingtaco
I got full marks on both English lit papers which was so unexpected. I really want to see my paper now haha

Same! I know how you feel :smile:
Reply 602
Original post by gooner4ever
37/54!

Thank you! :flower2:
Reply 603
I got 59/70 which was an A - absolutely ecstatic with that! I absolutely hated English literature and it was undoubtedly my weakest subject. My teachers basically had no faith whatsoever in me. I didn't trust them all at all and didn't do anything they told me to do in the exam and ended up with one of the highest marks in the year. I'd love to see their faces now. :wink:
Reply 604
I got an A, sooooooo glad!

I got a B despite thinking that I had done well (I thought I had secured an A at the very least) :frown:
I'm not sure whether I should retake or not since I do not like the subject at all. Do universities like Cambridge look at this particular GCSE in any cases when applying for courses such as Engineering or Natural Sciences. Also, is it possible to achieve an A or A* in the subject now and how many marks would I need in the other two modules in order to attain that grade?

Edit: Did I do something wrong since I was negged? :s-smilie: :frown:

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 606
Original post by BP_Tranquility
I got a B despite thinking that I had done well (I thought I had secured an A at the very least) :frown:
I'm not sure whether I should retake or not since I do not like the subject at all. Do universities like Cambridge look at this particular GCSE in any cases when applying for courses such as Engineering or Natural Sciences. Also, is it possible to achieve an A or A* in the subject now and how many marks would I need in the other two modules in order to attain that grade?

Edit: Did I do something wrong since I was negged? :s-smilie: :frown:

It depends what you got in the individual units

Original post by Smarticus
What was the ums combined score for an A for English lit?

160 out of 200 :smile: 120-C, 140-B, 160-A and 180-A* :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 608
I got an A* in this: 70/70!
and A* overall 193/200 :smile:
how did you guys do for english language?
Reply 609
got an A* in 1 of my papers and then 2 As :smile: actually enjoyed lit

Reply 610
english language i gt an A* in the exam, an A in one other and a B in the last :/ lol did kind of rubbish in the last :P

Reply 611
Hello I was just wondering how do you guys structure the answers - like is it one poem per paragraph or do you just compare directly one point per para for each poem?
Original post by cjslions
Hello I was just wondering how do you guys structure the answers - like is it one poem per paragraph or do you just compare directly one point per para for each poem?

This is a thread for last year's exam, so you probably won't find many people reply- have a look for a more current one! I don't think I even remember how to structure it, but WCS English was really useful for me last year, it taught me how to write my poetry exam :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/user/WCSEnglish
Reply 613
Original post by Anny Smiles
This is a thread for last year's exam, so you probably won't find many people reply- have a look for a more current one! I don't think I even remember how to structure it, but WCS English was really useful for me last year, it taught me how to write my poetry exam :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/user/WCSEnglish

Than so much - they look really useful!!
A bit off topic as it's for a CA but it's to do with the conflict poetry.

I've got to explore the ways attitudes to war are presented in the conflict poems from Moon on the Tides.

I need to write about 3 or 4 poems but not sure which ones will be good to write about, I was thinking 'The Yellow Palm' but not sure what else would be good. Any suggestions?

And I don't know how I'm suppose to structure the essay. When I done the old spec we had to compare poems and I would use the following structure:

1. Introduction - Write about the theme relating to the poems.
2. Compare structure/rhyme/rhythm of the poems
3. Compare the use of language in the poems
4. Compare the feelings and attitudes in the poems
5. Conclusion - say which poem I preferred and why

Not sure if i can use this one?
Original post by Rupa Patel
A bit off topic as it's for a CA but it's to do with the conflict poetry.

I've got to explore the ways attitudes to war are presented in the conflict poems from Moon on the Tides.

I need to write about 3 or 4 poems but not sure which ones will be good to write about, I was thinking 'The Yellow Palm' but not sure what else would be good. Any suggestions?

And I don't know how I'm suppose to structure the essay. When I done the old spec we had to compare poems and I would use the following structure:

1. Introduction - Write about the theme relating to the poems.
2. Compare structure/rhyme/rhythm of the poems
3. Compare the use of language in the poems
4. Compare the feelings and attitudes in the poems
5. Conclusion - say which poem I preferred and why

Not sure if i can use this one?

This is an old thread for last year's exams, so you'll probably find that most of the people who 'watch' it, like me, will have no idea... I'd advise posting a new thread, or emailing your teacher. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 616
what poems came up in January 2013 ,on the foundation paper for the conflict cluster?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending