The Student Room Group

The English Literature (LITB3 - 20/06/12) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Dream paper for the Gothic. Wow. Can't believe we got that lucky!
Reply 1181
Original post by omgclara
Dream paper for the Gothic. Wow. Can't believe we got that lucky!

That means grade boundaries might be sky high though :emo:

(I'm an enormous pessimist. Ignore me)
Original post by Liam_G
Are we the same person :zomg: I thought the Frankenstein question was great, but in part B I only left about 20 minutes for my last two texts, and just over 5 minutes for my last one :nopity: *starts scribbling frantically*

What part B question did you do? It will be... Interesting to compare our results :pierre:

My handwriting was abysmal during some of it, because I needed a pee for about 45 minutes. I was squirming around in my seat like I had worms. Finally gave in, went to the toilet and tried to accomplish the fastest urination known to man.

Invigilator was really nice and gave me two extra minutes at the end to make up for it though :adore:

We could be doubles :tongue: My handwriting was just 'scribbles' at the end and the invigilator had to stand by me to stop writing!

Part B I did question one on the dangers of aspiring to go beyond limitations, or something like that. Frankenstein I talked about the consequences as shown by the death of his family/change of his character, But then argued against how man limits the monster and the limitations on Elizabeth. Faustus I mentioned the same and something else which I can't remember, TBC I very quickly said Carter wants the characters to aspire against their limitations and talked about the limitations of the Lady of The House of Love.
Although that was very rushed/I really doubt the examiner will be able to read it
Reply 1183
Original post by Perseverance
We could be doubles :tongue:

I see what you did there :pierre:

I was really torn between the first and second questions for part B, limitations and obsession. Went with obsession in the end.
Original post by Liam_G
I see what you did there :pierre:

I was really torn between the first and second questions for part B, limitations and obsession. Went with obsession in the end.

I started planning obsession then went with the first!
Oh God I don't think that went very well - my analysis was nigh non-existent, bye AO2!

I did the Wuthering Hieghts Q and Obsession for Section B - do you think suggesting Carter's obsession with sexuality is innapropriate?! Ah well nothing I can do now. Hoping to God the examiner will think it was better than I thought.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I thought that went quite well :smile:
I wrote about carter's obsession with sexual instincts so I think your fine with that.

Disappointed in lack of decent bloody chamber question in section A though. That was my strongest text so I did the nicer Frankenstein question instead.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1188
Original post by Perseverance
I started planning obsession then went with the first!

I did the opposite. Started off with limitation and then switched to the second.

Seems like we had quite a similar experience :laugh:
section A was a godsend for me - great questions on as you like it AND blake poetry! i chose as you like it, pretty confident with what i wrote. :smile: section B wasn't fun though. i did four pages for each question plus a page each for planning, my hand hurt for a while haha! SO glad to be finished my A levels.
Really nice paper :biggrin: No journey question for Tess of the D'Urbervilles thankfully!! :biggrin:
Reply 1191
Well, that went reasonably well. Was petrified when I first opened the paper, but I did the Section B question first, and loads of ideas for Section A started flooding into my head whilst I was doing that. I did 5 pages for Section B, and 3 for Section A.
Reply 1192
Those questions were too good. I had so many ideas that I wanted to get in, I fear I may have just vomited them all over my paper without much structure :P Frankenstein for section A, evil villains for section B. Had to strain a bit to not repeat myself for Frankenstein there, so it was my shorter paragraph :smile:

Hope everything went well for you lot! Philosophy revision now, and then I'm free for the summer :biggrin:
Reply 1193
Original post by Sailingslipelick
Tess Section A

Destruction about English Peasantry??

The gothic questions on Section B actually looked nicer than the Pastoral Ones, even though I have never studied the gothic genre. Just didn't really get into any of my questions. WIsh I could be back at GCSE doing a lovely essay on Lord of the Flies.

As someone who did Gothic...

They were wonderful.

Is pastoral literally just about living in the countryside?
Frankenstein question:

Intro
Ways in which monster is double - expansion of victors psyche
Ways in which monster is constructed as victors son
Ways in which monster is a representation of the progression of science
Conclusion
Ugh I didn't finish in time!! :frown: My three texts were Macbeth, Bloody Chamber and The White Devil- I didn't even have time to write
about Macbeth on part B and my White devil was done in the last 5 minutes :frown: :frown: so annoyed, I revised so much for this exam!

...But then again last year I wrote 3 lines on one of the texts and it was still an A? hoping for SUPER LOW grade boundaries! agh...such an idiot.
Reply 1196
Section A. - who did withering heights ...it wasna great question ... but not sure how I did ... fungersncrossed though... I preceded the bloody chamber question but could not bring meed to do that k e becouse I did not really revise it yesterday
I did the 1300-1800 pastoral poetry question for section A and then the 'landscape' question for section B. Really good exam I thought!
Pastoral Section B Questions were quite sucky but I'd like to think it went well. Section A for Blue Remembered Hills was a dream.
looking back at my answer, i am now thinking oh my god, i don't think i met the AOs well enough :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending