The Student Room Group

The "I'm scared I'm going to miss my offer" thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I messed up M3.

Lets hope for some nice UMS or Oxford is a no-no.
Reply 181
Although I don't actually hold any offers, I need at least AAA to apply to my course. With my recent OCR Chem F325 and EDEXCEL C3, I'm really starting worry!
Reply 182
Worried about maths at York after C3 and M2, and psya4 on monday :frown:.
Got German today :s-smilie:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by such_a_lady
Got German today :s-smilie:

Good luck! :biggrin:

Anyway, I've arrived at this thread because I need AAA to get into my firm choice, and after tuesday's History paper (ironically the subject I intend to study) :tongue: I've probably missed out on an A, and therefore can no longer even sleep at night :s-smilie: bad times... my other exams have been average, but probably not good enough considering I need straight As...

I think the reason I'm so upset, not just because of the offers, is because I feel like I've spent months studying, only to completely be thrown off/ under-perform in my final exams, so disappointing :frown:

Sorry, but I'm pretty desperate, if I got 90% (180/200 UMS) at AS, and then close to 100% for my coursework (worth 40% of A2) this year, what would I need to get in the A2 exam (worth 60%) to get an A overall?

:cry:
Original post by Niki_girl
Good luck! :biggrin:

Anyway, I've arrived at this thread because I need AAA to get into my firm choice, and after tuesday's History paper (ironically the subject I intend to study) :tongue: I've probably missed out on an A, and therefore can no longer even sleep at night :s-smilie: bad times... my other exams have been average, but probably not good enough considering I need straight As...

I think the reason I'm so upset, not just because of the offers, is because I feel like I've spent months studying, only to completely be thrown off/ under-perform in my final exams, so disappointing :frown:

Sorry, but I'm pretty desperate, if I got 90% (180/200 UMS) at AS, and then close to 100% for my coursework (worth 40% of A2) this year, what would I need to get in the A2 exam (worth 60%) to get an A overall?

Just worked it out for you. You need 50% in the exam :lol:

This is why you calculate this BEFOREHAND :tongue:

Reply 186
Original post by Niki_girl

You've probably done a lot better than you think.

50% of 90% plus 20% of, say, 80% is the same as 45 + 16 = 61. To get to the A grade boundary you need another 19%, which you will have if you get 65% in the exam (30% of 65% = 19.5%).

That would only be the case if she really got 100% for the course work - not an assumption it would be wise to make.
I need AAB for law.
Scared I'm not going to make it :frown:
First exam is today *sighs*
Reply 188
Original post by JessNurden
I need AAB for law.
Scared I'm not going to make it :frown:
First exam is today *sighs*
Just keep a cool head and do your best with what's in front of you. That's all anyone can ask of you.
Reply 189
I've got my clearing list already :frown: edexcel c3 was awful yesterday haven't been able to stop thinking about it :frown: .. But there's one thing .. I'm in a position were I just wana get Into uni.. I'm fed up with high school and 6th form .. But I dont wana go Into a bad uni and pay 9000 :frown: i know there's no point saying this considering I have only 1 more exam left but still .. That's my summer holiday down the drain :frown: anyone else in my position ? :frown:

Original post by toulaa11
I've got my clearing list already :frown: edexcel c3 was awful yesterday haven't been able to stop thinking about it :frown: .. But there's one thing .. I'm in a position were I just wana get Into uni.. I'm fed up with high school and 6th form .. But I dont wana go Into a bad uni and pay 9000 :frown: i know there's no point saying this considering I have only 1 more exam left but still .. That's my summer holiday down the drain :frown: anyone else in my position ? :frown:

I'm the same, 100% sire i'll miss my offer, not too sure they'll be lenient but i really dont want to do another year or take a gap year...i like the idea of clearing but not of getting into debt to go to a uni that wont get me anywhere. bleh!

Original post by Minerva
You've probably done a lot better than you think.

50% of 90% plus 20% of, say, 80% is the same as 45 + 16 = 61. To get to the A grade boundary you need another 19%, which you will have if you get 65% in the exam (30% of 65% = 19.5%).

That would only be the case if she really got 100% for the course work - not an assumption it would be wise to make.

Thank you both! To be fair as it stands my coursework is at around 98%, BUT this is just my school's/ teacher's marking - in reality, it will be moderated (and mine is definitely being sent off) and usually that means I can expect to lose around 5-10 marks (this is what happened to my English coursework last year, anyway).

Thanks though, I am terrible at maths and really don't have the common sense to work out things like percentages, knowing that I only need around 65% in the exam is a big help mentally, because I know I managed to panic, and forget the exam structure, and I didn't get to conclude my 2nd essay properly, therefore I would have lost quite a few marks, anyway, 65% (where as I was thinking, you know, around 75-80%!) seems more realistic for that exam!

I won't be assuming anything, but this is for the sake of my mental sanity at the minute! I'll now promptly forget about it until the rest of the exams are over, and then I'll try and just enjoy the summer :tongue:

Thanks again :smile:
need AAA for my course :frown: 124/150 in F325 is gonna be the decider.
So much pressure:frown:

Reply 194
I already know that I missed my offers very shortish. :frown:
Now I guess I have to wait how the Unis will decide. :crossedf:
Original post by German_Saskia
I already know that I missed my offers very shortish. :frown:
Now I guess I have to wait how the Unis will decide. :crossedf:

Did you get your Abinoten?

Starting to worry a bit...

I need a high C or a B in my English exam on Wednesday for a B overall, but I'm horribly unprepared and working 2 8 hour shifts between now and then...

Considering phoning in sick...

Original post by NaturalAndReal
Starting to worry a bit...

I need a high C or a B in my English exam on Wednesday for a B overall, but I'm horribly unprepared and working 2 8 hour shifts between now and then...

Considering phoning in sick...

Definitely call in sick.

Reply 198
Did you get your Abinoten?

Yes I did and I miss my offer for Greenwich by 0,1 and for Abertay I have the right Abiturschnitt (is there a word for in English :confused:) but I should reach 11 points in Bio and don't got them. I go to a voluntary oral exam tomorrow to show the Uni that I'm willing to take extra work. Maybe that will help. :colondollar:
Reply 199
Original post by toulaa11

What do you mean that you have your clearing list? Has the official list been published? And if so where abouts can I access it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending