The Student Room Group

The "I'm scared I'm going to miss my offer" thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by michrighthere
hi everyone~
i know it's only a day to the results day now,might be too late to ask but i'm getting so so so worried about this!someone please help me! my firm offer is A*AA and insurance AAA.(i know the chooses are dangerous~but i have no other choice..TAT) i'm pretty sure on getting two A*s or A*A,and I'm likely to get a "B" for my third subject which will make me fail both firm and insurance..should i call up the firm uni when the results come out tmr, and what should i say if i have to call them up?
thxx

Wait and see what your Track shows. It might be that you've got your grades and into your firm, it might be that you missed your offer slightly but they still accept you. Chances are if they've rejected you after you miss your offer they've already filled all their places and may be pointless calling them up. You always get those who phone up and try and plead their case which you can try. What you say when you call them depends on the situation ofcourse. It may be that you JUST missed out on getting an A looking at UMS marks (if that's what they're called..) which you can use to your advantage.
Original post by internet tough guy
Guys has anyone recieved that email from UCAS two weeks ago about the fact that they're planning to send emails which will confirm your status with your offers?

The email isn't quite clear as to when exactly the confirmation will be sent, is it going to be after the track update at 08.00am?

They should come after track updates, yes.
Reply 982
I know i have missed my offer but I have a genuine reason why i messed up my A2 exams i had chicken pox with a very high fever before my a2 exams :frown: which messed up my revision plan, i have got a doctors certificate, do you think this will help me secure my place in UNI?
Reply 983
How lenient are unis when it comes to missing an offer.

I applied for Computer Science and it was for a uni that was ranked in the 50s.

I have a learning diffuculty and they are aware of it and even sent me a form to fill in
Reply 984
Original post by Katerzzz
AHMAHGAWD!!! I was fine up until about 8pm yesterday when it occurred to me; FUDGE! I might have screwed up my exams! But, like another poster said, I am trying not to think about it as I cannot change what's happened and hopefully I've done well. Though if my last two years of results are anything to go by, my worrying should be for nothing! Good luck everyone!

Hello Kate!!! It's Lauren! :-D I'm sitting next to you in Starbucks right now but thats besides the point!! Like we've said to each other all day, we will be fine :-) (we're both worrying epically)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 985
I need a drink. Preferably a strong one.

I'm worried as I have to get a B in Psychology to meet the conditions of my firm choice course. I had a B at AS but as we all know on here, A2 is considerably harder and I'm worried I may not have quite made the grade this time round. I'm hoping everything will work out though, there's no point dwelling on things I guess. Good luck everyone, what are your offers guys?
Reply 987
Original post by rach2012x
I'm worried as I have to get a B in Psychology to meet the conditions of my firm choice course. I had a B at AS but as we all know on here, A2 is considerably harder and I'm worried I may not have quite made the grade this time round. I'm hoping everything will work out though, there's no point dwelling on things I guess. Good luck everyone, what are your offers guys?

My offer for History at UEA is AAB :smile:
Good luck!!

I know I've missed mine, it's just a case of if I still get in. My course is in clearing but I'm not sure how much I should read into this.
Original post by Katerzzz
My offer for History at UEA is AAB :smile:
Good luck!!

Good luck too, I hope you get the grades!
My firm choice has just gone into clearing, does this mean they would of been lenient with me? Pretty sure i've missed my offer...
Original post by jackf1337
I know I've missed mine, it's just a case of if I still get in. My course is in clearing but I'm not sure how much I should read into this.

I've been having these worries, I keep thinking about what I'm going to do tomorrow if I don't quite meet the grades. Are you definitely going to go through Clearing if you don't meet your offer? I don't know how this works or anything...
Reply 992

What makes you think that you've done so bad?
I'm sure it won't be as bad as you think.. My course is in clearing so I am choosing not reading into it..

Say the uni has 40 places for firm and 30 for insurance. Say 32 out of 40 got firm. And 28 out of 30 got the insurance. They would the offer the 8 places to people who have just missed out.. And 2 will go into clearing..

As far as I am aware this is how it works..

All you can do is hope I'm afraid..

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 993
So think i've missed my offer :redface: need a miracle.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
It's the right way to do it. Claims for extenuating circumstances carry much more weight from an independent source. If your college sent in the details then the university will have them and you don't need to do anything.

Ta :redface:
Reply 995
Original post by charlie9872
My firm choice has just gone into clearing, does this mean they would of been lenient with me? Pretty sure i've missed my offer...

how do you know?

edit: just checked my firm choices uni website, oooo we get to see the courses that are in clearing before? interesting!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by LaurenLou
What makes you think that you've done so bad?
I'm sure it won't be as bad as you think.. My course is in clearing so I am choosing not reading into it..

Say the uni has 40 places for firm and 30 for insurance. Say 32 out of 40 got firm. And 28 out of 30 got the insurance. They would the offer the 8 places to people who have just missed out.. And 2 will go into clearing..

As far as I am aware this is how it works..

All you can do is hope I'm afraid..

I know I can't mathematically get an A in Music, although I can get a B, and I can get an A in another subject. Although my offer is ABb (A in music).

Your analogy is good. I never knew they allocated places for firm and insurance. However they uni could just reject everyone who missed their offer and put all of their places into clearing.

Original post by rach2012x
I've been having these worries, I keep thinking about what I'm going to do tomorrow if I don't quite meet the grades. Are you definitely going to go through Clearing if you don't meet your offer? I don't know how this works or anything...

Well I've got my insurance choice but I don't really want to go there, so I think I'd rather go into clearing, yes.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ViceVersa
Ta :redface:

No prob. It's my job.:smile:
Reply 998
I know I can't mathematically get an A in Music, although I can get a B, and I can get an A in another subject. Although my offer is ABb (A in music).

Your analogy is good. I never knew they allocated places for firm and insurance. However they uni could just reject everyone who missed their offer and put all of their places into clearing.

Well I've got my insurance choice but I don't really want to go there, so I think I'd rather go into clearing, yes.

They wouldn't reject everyone who missed their offer they would choose some because they'd rather have people at their uni who wanted to be there than who just used them as a plan B that's why of you miss your insurance offer then there's no second chance unlike with your firm because they are your plan B. Best of luck for tomorrow!!! :smile:

Reply 999

Katerzzz is right :-) but all you have to do is hope, if you miss is narrowly there is a chance they might accept you anyway!! GOOD LUCK! I hope you get in ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending