The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AS01
yes they do kind of revision session or something that one of my career advisor have booked for.
for preparation I was thinking of doing some papers and all other stuff. there are books with questions and stuff.
so how did you prepare yourself for those test then?

I told you, we couldn't, so I didn't. Do some past papers, time yourself.
Reply 81
Original post by soontobedoctor
I told you, we couldn't, so I didn't. Do some past papers, time yourself.

oh! I was just freaking about the tests then. thanks
Yeah you know, you're probably right. Probably a gross overestimation - 10%?

That's very kind of you to drop the figure. :smile: Well I just hope whatever I found out during intercalation will one day end up in a journal, whatever journal it is lol.
Original post by AS01
what do you have to do in first year? do you know the name of all bones?:biggrin:

Ha are you kidding me. I'm in my final year and I definitely can't do that. You goto lectures and cherish your life before you sell it for the next 5 years :tongue:
Original post by AS01
what do you think is the hardest thing when applying to unis?

I don't understand your question?
Reply 85
Ha are you kidding me. I'm in my final year and I definitely can't do that. You goto lectures and cherish your life before you sell it for the next 5 years :tongue:

lol!! I had thought that while doing 5 years of medicine you will know the names of bones. I had thought that I could say name of all bones being proud about it :colondollar:
What's the grossest thingyou've seen/experience you've had whilst doing medicine? :P
Original post by andrewpeters
What's the worst thing about studying medicine?

Knowing that your non-medical friends in banking are making top dollar whilst you're still slaving away
Reply 88
I don't understand your question?

while applying to uni what do u think was the hardest? interviews or making yourself stand out without writing anything like your interest in science and stuff in personal statement or looking for places in order to gain some experience about medical field?
Reply 89
I'm not sure if this has been asked but do you get 1st,2:1,2:2 etc or Distinction, Merit, Pass etc?

Will a graduate with say a Distinction get the upper hand over someone with a pass? If job security high, why don't most medical students just attempt to scrap a pass?
Reply 90
how would you describe your five years of medical life?
Original post by T-Toe
I'm not sure if this has been asked but do you get 1st,2:1,2:2 etc or Distinction, Merit, Pass etc?

Will a graduate with say a Distinction get the upper hand over someone with a pass? If job security high, why don't most medical students just attempt to scrap a pass?

Your BSc is graded numerically.

Your medical degree has distinction, merit, pass, etc. I explained this earlier. Yes we have job security, if you count working in the middle of nowhere a job. If you want to get into a competitive specialty, especially in London, be prepared to work for it.
Reply 92
Do you go to Imperial or UCL? If it's Imperial tell me how it's like.

Edit - what?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by threecupcakes
What's the grossest thingyou've seen/experience you've had whilst doing medicine? :P

Never had a 'gross' moment tbh, because it takes alot for something to gross me out. If I had to pick one... the time I was in A+E catheterising a man, which resulted in pools of blood everywhere...
Reply 94
How many people in your year regret doing medicine and wish they had done dentistry instead?
Original post by AS01
while applying to uni what do u think was the hardest? interviews or making yourself stand out without writing anything like your interest in science and stuff in personal statement or looking for places in order to gain some experience about medical field?

HUH?
Reply 96
HUH?

never mind.:smile:
Original post by bigbottle
How many people in your year regret doing medicine and wish they had done dentistry instead?

We medics complain alot. We say we want to quit and do something easier and better. But few ever would, especially for dentistry :P
Ok TSR, I'm in the middle of studying for finals and need to wind down. Ask me any burning questions you have about medical school. Bizarre, quirky, crude questions welcome. I'll do my best to answer honestly.

Is this thread helping you to wind down like you hoped?
Never had a 'gross' moment tbh, because it takes alot for something to gross me out. If I had to pick one... the time I was in A+E catheterising a man, which resulted in pools of blood everywhere...

Ouch!! I think catheterising a conscious man should be classified as a sin! I mean, just compare the size of the catheter to that of a man's urethra. :mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending