The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by 0range
Try replacing the 'it's' with 'it is' -----> that will prob get you like 10 more words? xD

Unfortunately, I was careful to put 'it is' originally to make it not sound informal XD
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
so at the bottom when we write 'Word Count: 1334342423' is everyone still including the number with the quotes and just making sure that their essay surpasses the min word count without them? that's what I'm gonna do anyway.
Reply 582
Original post by Toshiya
I did as well. As long as without the quote it's still within 10% I don't think it should matter at all!

Does the word count really matter? I've seen the example study skill assignments that were provided and some of the essays had around 666 words!!!

Please reply as soon as possible, thanks!
Reply 583
Original post by sallylo
Does the word count really matter? I've seen the example study skill assignments that were provided and some of the essays had around 666 words!!!

I think they were just extracts though! I don't know how much it matters but I'd rather not risk it. Just got an extra 35 words by putting one sentence in so it shouldn't take long to get it up.
Reply 584
Original post by sallylo

The examples were only sections of the essay not the whole thing
Reply 585
Original post by Toshiya
Unfortunately, I was careful to put 'it is' originally to make it not sound informal XD

Plan B

Add a whole load of words at the end of your essay and change the font colour to white!!! They'll never know :u:
(edited 11 years ago)
To be honest I doubt it'll be absolutely fatal if we did include the quotes in the word count, as they didn't specifically say we shouldn't anywhere
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 587
Just checked mine it's 2 words into the word count of the lower 10%:eek: I hope that's okay!! :|
Uploaded my essay yesterday and now I'm waiting for the subject specific essay. Anybody doing Sociology?
Reply 589
Panic averted, 3 sentences increased my wordcount by 100 words and put me at 1340 with quotes, 1160 without, so 10% within either way.
The only thing I'm slightly worried about now is only have used 3 of the recommended readings, but hey, I couldn't find anything relevant to quote in the other 2 and I'd rather it make sense. I also haven't referenced anything that wasn't recommended reading but meh, as long as I've shown I've read stuff and linking it to my own ideas it should be alright.

Gonna resubmit now and leave it WELL alone.
I have no idea what to write for a god damn conclusion
Yaayy. Good thing I didn't waste time editing it
Reply 592
Ah at least I didn't waste much time editing it... thank god it's not now above the upper limit!
Reply 593
When does everyone think we will get the subject assignment they said today but I'm guessing they won't post it until after the deadline for it passes (midnight) so hopefully tommorow. I'm anxcious I hope it's do-able :colondollar:
Reply 594
Just submitted it. Oh god:eek4:

Also, does anyone know when we get the results for this?
Reply 595
I wonder HOW specific the subject assignments will be.
I mean, I've applied for chemical engineering and I'm wondering if I'll get one specific to chem eng or just engineering in general!
Are including page numbers to every quote you use ESSENTIAL? I reaaaally can't be bothered and just checked the full details of the Harvard referencing system and realised this.
under submission title on the VLE is everyone just writing EDUC0001?
Handed it in anyway. SO RELIEVED
Do you have to put the student ID that the university gave you at the top, or your UCAS ID?

Latest