The Student Room Group

Is 20 too old to go uni??

May sound like a weird question but is 20 too old to be starting university? I am thinking of applying for a course (possibly law) for September 2013 but in June 2013 i will be 20 and i was wondering will people think i am too old to be at university? I know that loads of people will join at 18 after completing their 2 years of A levels. I don't wanna be the oldest there haha :P

Scroll to see replies

loads of people go when they're 20, it's not unusual at all.
My mum went to uni in her 40's. You're not too old. No-one will shun you for being 2 years older :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by The Illuminati
My mum went to uni in her 40's. You're not too old. No-one will shun you for being 2 years older :smile:

I love your sig :biggrin:
I'm 21 and will only just be starting in December. You'll be fine! :smile:
Reply 5
i will be starting when im 24. i dont think you'll be such a rarity
Yea, at the age of 20 you'd better give up on life already..
Reply 7
Original post by coolWhip123
May sound like a weird question but is 20 too old to be starting university? I am thinking of applying for a course (possibly law) for September 2013 but in June 2013 i will be 20 and i was wondering will people think i am too old to be at university? I know that loads of people will join at 18 after completing their 2 years of A levels. I don't wanna be the oldest there haha :P

No it's not too old, you will only be 2 years older than some of the other people starting.
There are also a lot of 'mature' students at university so I doubt you will be the oldest person there.

Good luck if you do it, and have fun :biggrin:
Reply 8
/No Im starting Law in September, and Ill turn 20 in September :smile: So dont worry x
I'll be doing the same, I don't think it's all that uncommon.
So basically...

NO WAY!

:yep:
Reply 11
My mum just finished her degree at 52. Have fun at Uni.
Original post by coolWhip123

I'm starting uni in September, and I'll turn 21 two days before I move in! At first I was a bit apprehensive about being slightly older but I'm sure it won't make any difference- some mature students are in their 30s before getting a chance to go to Uni!
I'm now really excited and glad I'd waited until I'm really ready to go.
Please don't miss your chance to apply- you'll always regret it if you do!
Good luck (:
Xx

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'll be 20, turning 21 when starting uni. It's not too old at all :tongue:
Reply 14
No! A lot if people still go to uni even at 40 so don't worry, you're still young so you can enjoy

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'm starting this sept and i'll be 24, on my interview date I saw there were a lot of mature students too, so I highly doubt 'll be the oldest!
I'm going to be 20 when I start. My friend is going to be 21. (And neither of us count as mature students)
Reply 17
I'll be 24 / 25 when I go back, depending on how many foundation degrees I take, so dont worry. I was 18 the first time I went, and there were loads of people there who were 18,19,20 - 26, 28 - all the way up to 30. I wouldn't worry.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
This thread makes me feel young again! :tongue:
When I was at Uni there were lots of students older than twenty. A man in one of my classes was in his seventies and several of my friends were in their mid-twenties, or older.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending