The Student Room Group

Mr M’s Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Linear Paper 2 Answers June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
so scared, i need a B to get me onto what i wanna do ahh....

anyone know if 90-100 marks is a B?
Original post by sophiegaga1
would a total of around 158/200 be good enough for an A*? Any thoughts

In my opinion It is most likely a very very high A (if you use past grade boundaries)
If it comes down a bit as its new spec then an A* MAYBE :smile:
Reply 582
Original post by AniiSha
Overall a 59...
Well i personally think you should wait for the actual grade boundaries provided by EDEXCEL, however due to the fact that it was a NEW SPEC, the boundaries should be a little lower, having said this DO NOT get your hopes up!

when do edexcel release the grade boundaries?
Reply 583
Original post by safwan15
me too, i think we should be fine for 50

Dudes, don't get your hopes up, just wait for the grade boundaries.
Reply 584
Original post by g.k.galloway
In my opinion It is most likely a very very high A (if you use past grade boundaries)
If it comes down a bit as its new spec then an A* MAYBE :smile:

March 2012 that was the boundary for A*.

For people with the borderline sort of score (like me) it is best to have the mindset you will get an A, and forget about it.

If you get an A* you will be delighted, and if you don't, at least you won't be crushed. Because if you get your heart set on this A* too much, it will crush you if you don't get it.
Reply 585
People need to stop going on about high grade boundaries! People on here may have found it easy and done well but most people I know at my school found it hard as I bet most schools did. Odds are they are going to be lower than the grade boundaries for the old spec in March. Chill everyone :wink:
Reply 586
Original post by AniiSha
Dudes, don't get your hopes up, just wait for the grade boundaries.

60 would be fine!!!!
Quick question for everybody...and can everybody please respond !!!

in my school most of us passed in march .., i retook because i got a b
our teacher said we were almost guaranteed a's since only the ones who got d's and e's from our school were retaking so the boundaries would be low.

howeever from here, it seems that people who took this exam are going to get a's and a*'s.

can you please reply telling me how many people from your school were entered who are in the lower sets or had failed (with all due respect) previosuly please??
Reply 588
Yay I think I've got between 88-90 which I'm pretty pleased with and I got around 75 on the paper so in total that would be 163 what do you think the grade boundaries will be?
Reply 589
Original post by iamhere9
so scared, i need a B to get me onto what i wanna do ahh....

anyone know if 90-100 marks is a B?

Im a little confused?
Did you get 90 in both papers? Or is that your total mark?.
Reply 590
Im so scared, i think i got around 59 overall, would that be enough for a C? someone please help me out! :frown:
Reply 591
Original post by AniiSha
Im a little confused?
Did you get 90 in both papers? Or is that your total mark?.

total marks
Two things:

One, I did "y^1.5".. that is fine yes?

and secondly I simplified 24n to 8(3n) to show multiple of 8.. is that ok too?
Reply 593
Original post by Gomez Hendrix
Quick question for everybody...and can everybody please respond !!!

in my school most of us passed in march .., i retook because i got a b
our teacher said we were almost guaranteed a's since only the ones who got d's and e's from our school were retaking so the boundaries would be low.

howeever from here, it seems that people who took this exam are going to get a's and a*'s.

can you please reply telling me how many people from your school were entered who are in the lower sets or had failed (with all due respect) previosuly please??

Well, as far as im aware only 1person failed the march paper but a few others who got C's and B's resittted the june paper, but overall those who did that march paper did not really bother to do their exams again.
Reply 594
Original post by iamhere9
total marks

I have a very very strong feeling that, that is enough for a B. But having said this don't get your hopes, but i do believe 90 is enough for a B. The march 2012 paper stated it was 84-88 to get a B, so fingers crossed, dont worry to much!
Original post by usycool1
:teehee:
Well then why are you here looking at the unofficial mark scheme? Quite clearly you're also stressing yourself about it...

And no, we're not going to fail if we stress about it...I have no idea how that theory of yours works...

I meant to give this positive reputation! Not negative! :frown: will be giving it back as soon as I can!
Reply 596
were you given a unit of measurement on the answer line of the shape questions, and do you lose marks if you forget to include a unit in the working out?
thanks for posting :smile:
Reply 597
Original post by safwan15
Im so scared, i think i got around 59 overall, would that be enough for a C? someone please help me out! :frown:

I would be terrified in your situation, but i do not want to tell you it will be fine and you've got your C but the 2012 paper in march stated that you needed 50-54 out of 200 to get a C, so don't worry to much!
Who knows you could even pull up a few marks if you examiner is generous!
Edexcel Linear is super easy. Try doing OCR Modular. Proper hard trust me. And I am not hating. I already did Edexcel Linear before
Reply 599
Original post by AniiSha
I would be terrified in your situation, but i do not want to tell you it will be fine and you've got your C but the 2012 paper in march stated that you needed 50-54 out of 200 to get a C, so don't worry to much!
Who knows you could even pull up a few marks if you examiner is generous!

oh thank you. if it was 50-54 in the march paper i believe the papers we done maybe lower as we are the first year to do the new spec.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending