The Student Room Group

Might have messed up AS exams?

Hi everyone,

So basically, I had an injury which meant I had 6 weeks off college at the beginning of the first term. In January I came out with 2 B's (very close to A's) but now I'm worried that I've messed up this summers exams. One of my teachers didn't exactly fill me with confidence and I'm scared that I'm going to come away with D/C's in two of my subjects and B's in the others.

I'm applying to Cambridge (hopefully) but these exams ride on my college backing me. I was wondering, if I did come away at the end of my AS year with D/C's, would this go against me when I apply to uni's in general? If I re-sit them in my A2 year, what would happen when I apply for uni with regards to my predicted grades on my application? (I'm planning to start applying in September)

Have I messed up my chances at uni or is it salvageable?

Thanks
Reply 1
It all depends on how important AS grades are to your college for their predictions.

Your university application is made based on these predictions rather than your potential low AS grades (I.e when you apply on UCAS you don't put your AS grades in).

But Cambridge may request to see your AS grades regardless, but I'm not sure.
My school "cashed in" the as level grades so I had to put them on my UCAS form along with resits. My friend's school didn't, so he only had to put down his predicted grades. It depends on your college's system.

Also remark your January exams! Also don't worry unduly, wait and see:smile:
Reply 3
I'm pretty sure Cambridge are the only university to request module breakdown for AS results...so you may be screwed there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending