The Student Room Group

how much revision did you do ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by iSoftie
You might have "got" good grades but not sure if you're going to "get" good grades -_-

I got 2A*s, 6As, 2Bs, 1C, 1D at GCSE and am predicted AABC at A-Level, although I'm aiming for A*ABB :P

I don't mean revision is unnecessary, only that it's unimportant at GCSE level when there are multiple, low-mark questions and you're not required to go into much detail, specifically structure your answers, or debate a statement in-depth. At A-level revision is crucial (at least for the Humanities subjects). I've been doing ~3hrs+ a day since March for my A2 exams.
(edited 11 years ago)
I regret the amount I did :frown: I did around an hour everyday for 5 days for RE, night before for both English exams, both Maths exams and ICT, none for Child Development and an hour or so for 3 days for Science... :frown:
Reply 22
I did more exams in year 10 than in year 11 which was strange, i worked really hard consistently in year 10 which i was really happy with however this year i completely lacked motivation and i just had my book open and sat there, i only revised when i got stressed out and that was probably a day or two before the exam, i really should have done more revision, the maximum i have done so far in a day is 4 hours, i have only done that on two occasions though. I'm nervous and worried about results day now :/
Reply 23
Original post by star10159
You do realise that sentence does not make sense?

It does.
He claims that around a few hours of revision he could attain some very good grades and he said that he had received good grades already, so I'm stating that in August he might not get the grades he'd expected due to the little hours he worked for revision.
Reply 24
Original post by H011y94
I got 2A*s, 6As, 2Bs, 1C, 1D at GCSE and am predicted AABC at A-Level, although I'm aiming for A*ABB :P

I don't mean revision is unnecessary, only that it's unimportant at GCSE level when there are multiple, low-mark questions and you're not required to go into much detail, specifically structure your answers, or debate a statement in-depth. At A-level revision is crucial (at least for the Humanities subjects). I've been doing ~3hrs+ a day since March for my A2 exams.

You're on your way to getting good grades then :biggrin:
I have an exam tomorrow, yet I am on TSR what does that tell you about my attention span?
Reply 26
I did about a total of 6 hours a week for a while running up to and during exams..some weeks more than others. I actually didn't do too much for any morning exams the night before as I found it got me stressed.... Also had a few days where I didn't do anything as I couldn't motivate myself.
I'm predicted 5A*'a and 6A's

tbh though putting effort in throughout the two years and studying well for the small assessments means that you know the content quite well by the time exams come round so that's maybe why I haven't done a gazillion hours of revision for months on end...
Reply 27
Original post by LeeM1
45 minutes revision, masturbate. 45 minutes revision, masturbate. And so on...

so that **** was your reward for revision?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
I start learning a month before for like 40 minutes a day but I get more like 1hr the week before the exam

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
As the name suggests I can't focus, therefore I don't think that I have ever done any "proper" revision. I'm in year 11 at the moment and have finished all my exams, the only revision I have ever done was the night before, reading through the textbook. I'm on track to achieve 5A*'s 8A's and 2 B's and 1B at AS level, but this year my laziness has reached a new high. I suppose I do listen in lessons throughout the year, which probably helps, but I wish that I put more effort in this year.
Reply 30
I did around 4 hours a day on study leave for GCSE and an hour a night about a month before the exams. For AS I did 3 hours every night from easter up until the exams.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my SK17i
i did aimed for about 4 hours a day, but i usually did 2 -3 hours per day :-)
Reply 32
Original post by Frankster
so that wa.nk was your reward for revision?

I'm just messing! But sometimes anything to get out of revising.
Reply 33
Original post by LeeM1
I'm just messing! But sometimes anything to get out of revising.

lol TRUE.. Masturbation is the most enjoyable way of procrastination.. :yep:
Reply 34
I did about 2-3 hours a day pre exam leave and 5-6 hours a day post exam leave.
Overall I totalled about 250 hours of revision
Hopefully it pays off :smile:
You have the lowest attention span? Nope, I can go for about 1 and a half hours then I just get bored.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 36
Original post by grace...
allot of people have been talking about 10 hour day and the best i did was about 5 . I have the lowest attention span :s-smilie:

just curious as to how much everyone else did

I started in Easter holidays I think which were 2 or 3 weeks long, then had a couple weeks back at school, then started GCSEs. So was revising no earlier than 4/5 weeks before exams.

As for hours a day, in the holidays I did either 3/4 hours hardcore or did about 6/7 hours whilst multitasking Facebook, a film and my phone (so it wasn't really 6/7 hours at all). When back at school, it was about 4 hours in the evening from Monday-Thursday and Sunday. Throughout exams it was basically all the time when I didn't have an exam (8/9 hour days whilst multitasking Facebook, phone and a film though haha).

As for subjects, I spent most revision on History, Latin, English lit, Sciences. I revised for Maths on the day and Drama the whole day before. Wouldn't advise it...
I'd usually do around 3 to 4 hours, 6 tops. 10 I think can be too much.
Original post by Procrastination
As the name suggests I can't focus, therefore I don't think that I have ever done any "proper" revision. I'm in year 11 at the moment and have finished all my exams, the only revision I have ever done was the night before, reading through the textbook. I'm on track to achieve 5A*'s 8A's and 2 B's and 1B at AS level, but this year my laziness has reached a new high. I suppose I do listen in lessons throughout the year, which probably helps, but I wish that I put more effort in this year.

whats the point in doing 14 subjects. In fact, doing more subjects puts you at a disadvantage.
Original post by JamalAhmed
whats the point in doing 14 subjects. In fact, doing more subjects puts you at a disadvantage.

You tell me. I didn't choose to do this many, it's my school.

Quick Reply

Latest