The Student Room Group

how much revision did you do ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
five hours for GCSE? no thanks.

I did bits of revision, like one past paper every so often, max about 90 minutes a day lol.
Reply 81
Original post by Blazinq
five hours for GCSE? no thanks.

I did bits of revision, like one past paper every so often, max about 90 minutes a day lol.

samee!! ha :smile: what you hoping you got? :smile:
lol half an hour or an hour tops
my moustache contains all of the knowledge i need.
Reply 83
Minimum 2hours extra from a usual school day. Maximum 6 hours!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
next to nothing :smile: nervous now
Reply 85
A couple of hours, 2-3 days before the exam (give or take a few), I'm quite nervous about my results but I believe if I fail, it's down to how I put down my answers not my level of revision.
Reply 86
i don't think i ever revised during GCSE's i literally flipped through the book before the exam and just remembered what i learnt and did well
Reply 87
30 mins a day 1 week before exam leave, then an hour before each exam at school. hoping to get a few A*s - possible?
Original post by grace...
allot of people have been talking about 10 hour day and the best i did was about 5 . I have the lowest attention span :s-smilie:

just curious as to how much everyone else did

5 is great. Why you'd do 10 is a mystery to me. I sort of did 5 a day in the last month or so, but loads of it was procrastination, hence my results not being what they could have been :\

If you do 5 solid hours a day (and use the time wisely - revision technique is what lets most people down - I'd say that 2 hours of my revision methods outdo 3-4 hours of many others) then you're spot on to do very very well.
Reply 89
For gcse level, in my opinion u should be doing between 1 and 1/2 hours revision on week ends per each subject.

People doing 5, 10 hours revision in a day are jus stupid.

My revision for my GCSEs started in April in the easter holidays only for a few subjects though. After the Easter Hols I did an 1 hour rev after school, then jus relaxed.
Not enough :\
Not enough, and now I feel sick to the stomach about results day. "Only have yourself to blame...etc."
(edited 11 years ago)
Did as many Maths past papers as I could. Morning of English Lit, RE and ICT exam. Nothing else. Not really looking forward to results day.
Reply 93
I did literally 2-3 hours a night before the exam, then maybe 1 hour every other day.
I did on average about 3 past papers for each exam... although I did double textiles, which resulted in 3 less exams than I normally would have , as I got 3 B's from coursework.
I didn't do any past papers... :frown:
Reply 96
Nothing until study leave, then frantic cramming most of the day. Hoping I've pulled it off.
Reply 97
Original post by grace...
allot of people have been talking about 10 hour day and the best i did was about 5 . I have the lowest attention span :s-smilie:

just curious as to how much everyone else did

Hi, Grace. I would recommend splitting revision sessions into 30 mins blocks and mix the subjects around so you don't get bored. At the end of 30 mins, take around 10 mins break before continuing on again. This will reduce fatigue and it should help improve concentration/attention span. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest