The Student Room Group

How do YOU get home after a night out?

Scroll to see replies

Taxi. It's less than a 10 minute drive, so when the fare is split it works out at about £3 each (based on two people being in the cab)
Original post by Moontoon
How do you get home after a night out?

My new house is like 5-20 minutes walk (depends on how drunk I am :tongue:) but if I have a woman, I will always get a taxi, need to get them back while they are in the mood :tongue:

That said, where I lived previously I got the bus unless of course I pulled in which case it was taxi :smile:
Taxi when going out near home, or more than often now one of us will act as designated driver.

At uni, usually taxi if we're sleepy but sometimes a walk ensues if we're fed up of waiting for taxis or run out of money.
I tend to go to house parties,rather than nightclubs,so get a lift home with one of my friends,who doesn't drink(I don't much either,only a glass of wine or small cider) or I get the train.
£3.50 for the night bus on Friday/Saturday otherwise it's £20+ split however many ways for a taxi
Taxi majority of the time unless I bribe a relative into picking me up.
Reply 86
Taxi most of the time, occasionally at uni we just all walk back but that's loooong
Original post by Nehal:)
I can't go home if I've been out cause my parents hate it, so I usually stay at a mates. We get a taxi back, or a mate (who was not out or draining) swings by and gives up a lift :')

This. :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by the.cookie.monster
I usually stay over at a friend's house, it depends how late it is

If in my own town, or a closeby party, I walk. Otherwise split a taxi, unless it's M-town in which case we may get the train.
I usually get a taxi. Last time, for some bizarre reason, myself and a friend decided to walk home, a nice 5 miles at 3 o'clock. God I hate alcohol! :L
Reply 90
I just find a lovely comfy hedge
Used to just hop into the TARDIS, but it's... ahem... out of order. Have to use 'taxis' at the moment :innocent:
Reply 92
A taxi back because I'm like half an hour away from the town in a car so walking is out of the question.

But hopefully at Uni I can walk back. Or a taxi will be mega cheap.
Reply 93
Last weekend I got walked home by an ex :s Actually I walk home with people who dont live near me quite often.. If theyre getting picked up they just ask to get picked up on the long straight stretch of road which leads to mine - two birds, one stone! But mostly I try to find anyone that lives vaguely near me to share a taxi with then I walk from there. Stupid idea really - petite 5'3 girl in high heels theres no chance id win a battle! At the time i seem to think im fine though :/. Recently I've just been driving (saves so much money on predrinks / taxi and drinks when im actually out, win win situation really!)

At uni, im expecting to get the bus!
I have a homing beacon.
Either the Nitelink (night bus) as I can't afford the €32 taxi fare home, or a taxi to my friend's house.
If im super pissed ill attempt a 30 minute walk home.. otherwise me and my friends share taxis or if its a sh*t night that ends before 2am, my mummy will come! :smile:
Reply 97
When I don't have money for a cab and I am too tired/wasted (latter might be most relevant) to walk I just get my wand out and Accio my Firebolt over to wherever I am.
Reply 98
If I didn't live in Sheffield at uni, I'd probably walk home from the Union after a night out. But, I live at the top of a huge hill that walking up (even drunk) makes me feel like I've ran a marathon. So either they install a stair lift, or I'm getting a taxi.
at uni, I used to walk. It was only about 10/15 mins from all the bars. At home, I have to get a bus back.

Quick Reply

Latest