The Student Room Group

resitting alevels next year

hello
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Take a gap year and resit the modules, & email the universities to ask :smile: For most uni's it shouldn't be a problem
Reply 2
Original post by julia2345
hi my name is julia,
i completed my alevels in maths, chemistry, biology, physics.
I think im going to end up with abcc My university offer is aab to study economics.
I genuinely feel if i resat the year i will end up with aabb. But im scared that universities will reject me after next year!
Which universities accept you after resits for economics?

all of them do, as far as I am aware, certain ones just don't look as favourably upon them. if you mess a module up next year, you get the worse grade, not the best one, resitting is also not at all enjoyable, I whole heartedly would advise against it(from personal experiences), your university may not even decline you...
Reply 3
Original post by pshewitt1
all of them do, as far as I am aware, certain ones just don't look as favourably upon them. if you mess a module up next year, you get the worse grade, not the best one, resitting is also not at all enjoyable, I whole heartedly would advise against it(from personal experiences), your university may not even decline you...

Hi I thought you get the best grade not the worst one????
Reply 4
Original post by sunny103
Hi I thought you get the best grade not the worst one????

I was told next year that changes?
Reply 5
gg
Original post by pshewitt1
I was told next year that changes?

it doesn't

For all current A level specifications for all uk examiners you can resit units as often as you like and the best result achieved is the one used to calculate your final grade.

New A levels that will start to appear for teaching from september 2015 and examination in 2017 will have different assessment arrangements and modular resits will no longer be possible.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by gdunne42
it doesn't

Hello sir, I thought that unless you were doing aqa, that best mark gets carried forward.

Quick Reply

Latest