The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

are Queen Mary lenient?

So I've got a conditional for Film Studies... and I need BBB, but I'm really worried about how the exams went and not sure that I did that great in the exams. Does anyone know if they'll let me in even if I have not achieved 300 points? x
please help! thanks everyone xx :smile:
Reply 1
I've not even applied yet, but from what I understand you have to meet the conditions of your offer. If they'd let you in with say, a BBC, then that's what they'd have offered you. They want to allow in a certain standard of students, so unless you can't show mitigating circumstances, such as an illness on the exam day or a close family member dying, then I see no real reason for why they should accept you. They offer more than they can allow in remember, say 500 offers for 100 places, hoping 150/200 reject and then 100 insurance it and 100 don't get in.

Unless they are short on places they probably wont let you in, and you have to remember they'll let people in who are in clearing first, as they may have AAB, and have missed their firm/insurance by one grade, ahead of someone who missed their offer by one grade and got BBC.

Sorry. Though you mention BBB, and then 300 points. Surely you could get A*CC and still get in? Or whatever. Is your offer BBB or 300 UCAS?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by annielaine
So I've got a conditional for Film Studies... and I need BBB, but I'm really worried about how the exams went and not sure that I did that great in the exams. Does anyone know if they'll let me in even if I have not achieved 300 points? x
please help! thanks everyone xx :smile:

Go to their website and find the phone number for the admissions department and ask them. You'll get a correct answer and not whatever anyone on here says, which will probably be wrong. They can't take your offer away if you say you think you didn't do well in the exams. You'll have an absolute answer and you'll be able to make a plan about what to do if you don't get the grades.

I did this when I was deciding which offer to firm; one university said on the phone they wouldn't be lenient at all, so I declined their offer and firmed a different one which I still wanted to go to which said they'd probably be lenient.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Flyteryder
Go to their website and find the phone number for the admissions department and ask them. You'll get a correct answer and not whatever anyone on here says, which will probably be wrong. They can't take your offer away if you say you think you didn't do well in the exams. You'll have an absolute answer and you'll be able to make a plan about what to do if you don't get the grades.

I did this when I was deciding which offer to firm; one university said on the phone they wouldn't be lenient at all, so I declined their offer and firmed a different one which I still wanted to go to which said they'd probably be lenient.

Thanks so much for the honest advice :smile: Yeah, I think I'll phone them and ask. Hopefully it'll be alright! x
Reply 4
It honestly depends how many people HAVE met their offers and how much you missed your offer by.

You have to be realistic and know that if you do miss your offer, you probably won't be let in. I go to QMUL and I know that many of the courses in SLLF are oversubscibed and there is a lot of competition for places.

Yet the film website says this: '3Bs at A level, though we are flexible. If you do not perform as well in one subject and do better in others, then that is acceptable, providing you gain the minimum number of points required for the degree programme'. So as long as you get 300 points that will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending