The Student Room Group

How much on average does GYM Cost and how much do you pay?

Scroll to see replies

My uni gym is £185 for the year, which works out at around £6 a week.
Most of the people on this thread's monthly gym membership price is pretty decent, in my area its around £40 + a month :/
virgin active is £56 per month i think, this is also for an under 18yr old -.- put me off applying for a gym as it's the closest to my house... but if you're in london (no idea if you are) go to gymlondon.org, 19.95 per month :biggrin:
Reply 23
i paid £199 for 13 months, unlimited gym, swimming and classes.
i think it was a special price though cos my friend recommended me, :smile:
Reply 24
At Uni, £33/ year.
At home, about that per month...
£2.35 a session, so works out at about £30 a month. I am restricted in my hours though,I have to go in between 9-4 on weekdays and 10-12 on weekends or I have to pay double (students get in half price during these times). e.g. if I go in at 3.50 pm, I get in for £2.35, but if I go in at 4pm it costs me £4.70.

Considering going for the full membership, which will allow me to go whenever I want, as often as I want for just over £30 a month.
Reply 26
0 quid, used to pay 55 quid a month, payed like 50 quid for insanity and got more results in a month than i did at 6 months at the gym. Period.
£30/mth unlimited inc classes & swim, student rate; part of GLL London so can use a different location as & when needed.
Which Unis are which prices & r they basic/advanced machines or mainly weights?
£10.99 a month - free for me as I work in mine :-p
Reply 29
About £80 a month but it's got a jacuzzi, sauna and it's always empty.
Reply 30
£30 a month is usual rate, unless a student at uni gym
Original post by roberto111
How much on average does GYM Cost and how much do you pay?

So i am thinking of going GYM, but have no idea how much it costs? or will cost?
How much do you pay? Is it monthly, weekly or hours?

Thanks

I'm leaving the gym group of which I'm paying £10 a month and joining a real gym for £20 a month, fed up if idiots not putting weights back, using their phones and trying to barbell curl the smith machine...
Quite a few round here are £15 a month, nicer ones tend to be £25+ though.
I pay £35/month and it gives me unlimited free access to 6 gyms/swimming pools across Exeter :smile:
Original post by I.D.G.A.F.O.S
Go to David Lloyds . £15 per Month. (cause i'm under 18 ). That's cause dad's on a weekend membership which is 20.. Still works out better then the standard which is 37and that's for completely unlimited use. i could spend everyday there if i wanted

david LLoyds is 60£ a month in London...
Original post by pshewitt1
I'm leaving the gym group of which I'm paying £10 a month and joining a real gym for £20 a month, fed up if idiots not putting weights back, using their phones and trying to barbell curl the smith machine...

Curling in the Squat rack....oh my jesus the rage inside just builds up when I see that.
Original post by major_mishap
Curling in the Squat rack....oh my jesus the rage inside just builds up when I see that.

http://www.predatornutrition.com/21-Reasons-Why-Its-Time-To-Find-A-New-Gym

you might like this :L
Reply 37
Depends on the type of gym, the new budget gyms like 'the gym' etc are about £10-15 per month but the health clubs like David Lloyd, Virgin active etc be prepared to pay £50+ per month!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 38
£12 a month at uni and you can go for as many times / as long as you want
Something like £24 a month...although if you are a student/ on a low income with many gyms you pay a discounted rate.

Quick Reply

Latest