The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2013 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Jakeh
Its pretty hard to do that, alongside what they want you to demonstrate in your cover letter. damn, not going to be easy at all.

It probably won't be easy.

But I got an interview with them and I have no commodities experience at all. Likewise another person on the grad thread got an interview with them and s/he says she doesn't have any commods experience either.
Reply 581
Original post by effofex

But I got an interview with them and I have no commodities experience at all. Likewise another person on the grad thread got an interview with them and s/he says she doesn't have any commods experience either.

Well goodluck bro, you seem to know your **** and you're a pretty nice guy on here so I wish you all the best for it.

Hope I can find something after my Masters or i might have to reassess what I'm doing with my life..
Reply 582
Original post by Jakeh
Well goodluck bro, you seem to know your **** and you're a pretty nice guy on here so I wish you all the best for it.

Hope I can find something after my Masters or i might have to reassess what I'm doing with my life..

RSM places alot of people in consulting (regional offices of Mck, Bain, BCG, OC&C, RoB, OW etc.).

Some go to energy houses too.
Reply 583
Original post by i_hate_teeth
You interviewed with JS last year didn't you? What sort of questions did they ask?

Yeah. There's a lot on glassdoor.com and I have a massive word doc with all the questions. Currently on my phone but I'll pm you as soon as I have Internet on my laptop. They ask a lot of betting questions after the 1st round - so a typical question might be
How many numbers up to 1000000 have 3? Then they'll ask how confident you are and then they'll say if I give you odds of x:y to bet on that answer how much would you be willing to bet.

Also don't expect them to let you finish the working, they'll ask you to bet and then change/give you some info and ask you to change your bets accordingly

In other news got a Lazard AC invite :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by effofex

Hey, you applied too? Have you been given a date?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my MB860
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 585
Original post by PrincePauper
Hey, you applied too? Have you been given a date?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my MB860

Not as yet.
Reply 586
DB seem to have reduced (form yesterday) the number of Analyst Intern divisions available to apply to? Last night I'm pretty confident I could apply to several more divisions and it has now been reduced to about 5.

Does this mean they've filled those positions already?! Or have they just not been released yet?
Original post by miml
Yeah. There's a lot on glassdoor.com and I have a massive word doc with all the questions. Currently on my phone but I'll pm you as soon as I have Internet on my laptop. They ask a lot of betting questions after the 1st round - so a typical question might be
How many numbers up to 1000000 have 3? Then they'll ask how confident you are and then they'll say if I give you odds of x:y to bet on that answer how much would you be willing to bet.

Also don't expect them to let you finish the working, they'll ask you to bet and then change/give you some info and ask you to change your bets accordingly

That sounds good mate - I've got an interview coming up pretty soon so PM me the file as soon as you can. Congratulations on getting a Lazard invite.
Original post by PrincePauper
Qualifications

HOULIHAN LOKEY
A B.A./B.S./B.B.A. in finance, accounting, business or applied economics is required, as is course work in accounting and finance. Strong financial and computer skills, as well as a fundamental understanding of valuation theory, methodologies and applications, are recommended. Candidates must possess a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff, strong analytical abilities, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.

So what is the difference between a BSc, a BA and the above?:confused: Has anyone heard back, and have they even started reviewing the applications
Original post by miml
face to face, second round with fresh minds

I think it went quite well, it was similar to the phone interview and was more like a conversation.

fresh minds?
Reply 590
Original post by thegeniouc93
fresh minds?

Greenhill outsource part of their recruitment to freshminds.
Original post by Hughh
Anyone else applied for Nomura? Did it yesterday and the logic/IQ test was significantly harder than any other online test I've seen...

Do they send out test invites right away or review first?

Reply 592
Guys did anyone of you hear back from UBS?
Reply 593
Original post by miml

May I ask you what is JS ?
Reply 594
Original post by nicepower
May I ask you what is JS ?

Quanty, prop trading firm - http://www.janestreet.com
Reply 595
Original post by bluenose53
Do they send out test invites right away or review first?

Tests automatically appeared straight after completing and submitting the online form. Numerical then Non-verbal reasoning.
Just FYI, if you haven't had an interview with Freshminds for Greenhill yet, the timeline has changed. This from email:

- Face to face interviews will take place in the week commencing the 3rd December 2012.
- The Assessment Centre will take place on Sunday 27th January 2013.
Reply 597
Original post by i_hate_teeth
That sounds good mate - I've got an interview coming up pretty soon so PM me the file as soon as you can. Congratulations on getting a Lazard invite.

I had a first round telephone interview with Jane Street last year and got the following questions:

Various multiplication/subtraction questions including: What is 38^2?

What is the sum of the numbers from 50 to 100?

If the probability that it rains on Saturday is 0.2 and the probability that it rains on Sunday is 0.3, what is the probability that it rains at least once at the weekend?

If you played a game where you roll a die and get given £n where n is the number rolled, how much would you be willing to pay to play the game?
What if you had the opportunity to re-roll once?
What if you had the opportunity to re-roll twice?

Another filthy conditional expectation question.

I also got asked some motivation/knowledge questions which I wasn't expecting.
Reply 598
Original post by Hughh
Tests automatically appeared straight after completing and submitting the online form. Numerical then Non-verbal reasoning.

was it shl or kenexa?? did you apply to markets??
Reply 599
anyone kindly want to list the bulge banks application opening dates here please!
thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending