The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Day 48 and a wee bit deflated about how long this clearance malarkey is taking ..... I feel a chocolate eating session coming on!! Mmmm giant buttons!!
Reply 3981
Original post by waitingandwaitin
Day 48 and a wee bit deflated about how long this clearance malarkey is taking ..... I feel a chocolate eating session coming on!! Mmmm giant buttons!!

Well from the beginning of the BFO Heathrow recruitment since Sept last year, it's been 7 months since my application and am still waiting. This is the longest recruitment process I've ever encountered in my life.
Just checking, anyone accepted as bfo at Heathrow, but not had the sc link yet?
Original post by Mistik
Well from the beginning of the BFO Heathrow recruitment since Sept last year, it's been 7 months since my application and am still waiting. This is the longest recruitment process I've ever encountered in my life.

I had my interview on the 10th September its not fun is it. Giant chocolate buttons are making it more bareable though may have to have a glass of red too ....... purely medicinal of course lol
Reply 3984
I had my interview on the 10th September its not fun is it. Giant chocolate buttons are making it more bareable though may have to have a glass of red too ....... purely medicinal of course lol

I tend to find a bottle helps lol..... Still waiting too:tongue:
Original post by dafox76
I tend to find a bottle helps lol..... Still waiting too:tongue:

Hic!!
Reply 3986
Original post by nikjbrain
Just checking, anyone accepted as bfo at Heathrow, but not had the sc link yet?

im still waiting, it would be good to check on your application with home office, mine was flagged up for address change and they didnt notify me till i made contact first.

this long process is certainly keeping me up at night!
Original post by RiRi2013
im still waiting, it would be good to check on your application with home office, mine was flagged up for address change and they didnt notify me till i made contact first.

this long process is certainly keeping me up at night!

Finally had link today!
Reply 3988
Original post by nikjbrain
Finally had link today!

yay! i am still waiting :angry: 5 months and counting....
Just contacted my sponsor and still nothing and its 49 days since I submitted my sc clearance maybe ive got amnesia and im actually a criminal mastermind ..... just a thought
Reply 3990
Omg I have a start date :biggrin:
Original post by Kate1992

Excellent!!!!
Excellent!!!!

When do you start?
Reply 3993
When do you start?

2nd June :smile:
Eeeeek!!! you must be really excited

So excited for you!

Did you receive anything in the post to say you passed the SC?
Just contacted my sponsor and still nothing and its 49 days since I submitted my sc clearance maybe ive got amnesia and im actually a criminal mastermind ..... just a thought

Is it 49 days including weekends?

Hopefully you'll find out soon!
Reply 3997
Original post by Zigler2145
So excited for you!

Did you receive anything in the post to say you passed the SC?

Nope just got a phonecall today when I was on lunch. Good timing!

So lucky because I didn't pick my date it was picked for me but I was stressed because I'm on holiday for my mums 50th end of May and I get back on 1st June. And then I get offered 2nd June. Brilliant luck!

So lucky because I didn't pick my date it was picked for me but I was stressed because I'm on holiday for my mums 50th end of May and I get back on 1st June. And then I get offered 2nd June. Brilliant luck!

How fantastic! Congratulations! God, the time will fly and it'll be the 2nd of June before you know it :biggrin:

Wow, that is lucky!

How much notice do you have to give to your current employer? I have to give 6 weeks notice so I wish this SC would hurry and clear lol. To be fair this Friday would be 3 weeks since I submitted, but it's so difficult to be patient!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending