The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sarahjayne83
Hey I've finally got my SC granted today, does anyone know how long from this point until we get given a start date???

If this is the only thing left then it's shouldn't be long... if you have a contact I would let them know it's in. It'll provide a little nudge.

Welcome to BF!
Hey I've finally got my SC granted today, does anyone know how long from this point until we get given a start date???

Hi,

How long did it take from submitting the forms to getting clearance notification?
Original post by matt0210
Hi,

How long did it take from submitting the forms to getting clearance notification?

I can't really answer that as mine came back waiting additional information which took months to get however after submitting the form I got a phone call 2 weeks later
I can't really answer that as mine came back waiting additional information which took months to get however after submitting the form I got a phone call 2 weeks later

Perfect, hopefully I don't have too much longer to wait then, thankyou
First week over at Heathrow! Really enjoyed it. Also for people still waiting, one of the Border officers told us that the next start dates are in March, but don't quote me on that.
Reply 5985
Original post by MMcc.1
First week over at Heathrow! Really enjoyed it. Also for people still waiting, one of the Border officers told us that the next start dates are in March, but don't quote me on that.

Glad you're enjoying! How many are in your group?

Would be cool if they told us when the next dates are 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is 12 in my group! Sure you will hear soon :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MMcc.1

Yeah I've been told today I start on the 6th march!!!! So happy!!!!
Well done Sarah-Jayne83
I'm waiting for Heathrow
Can you let us know when we're given the provisional offer of employment and how did they just contact you....wasn't by phone?
Original post by StBernards
Well done Sarah-Jayne83
I'm waiting for Heathrow
Can you let us know when we're given the provisional offer of employment and how did they just contact you....wasn't by phone?

Hi, I got my clearance though on the 2nd Feb yesterday I emailed my contact who helped with my sc to get a start date and then I got a email later in the day giving me a date
Stansted airport has come up again on civil service website for BFAO.
Anyone out there know what's happening with those who are waiting for start dates at Heathrow.
Waiting since mid November for pre-employment checks to be done and not had any real update apart from sponsor stating they have not heard anything from CSR.
Not had any SC link (but was DV so maybe they just swap it over) and I don't think any references have been approached.
Is this wait usual, should I be prodding my sponsor st Heathrow for an update or just accept that its a waiting game?
Reply 5992
Anyone who has recently started at Heathrow, have you been given your AHW percentage yet? If so what is it please.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5993
Another question, sorry. Are boots supplied as part of uniform or do you supply your own?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fac51
Another question, sorry. Are boots supplied as part of uniform or do you supply your own
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes boots and belt supplied
Only things you need to purchase yourself are ya undies!!
Reply 5996
Original post by Fac51
Anyone who has recently started at Heathrow, have you been given your AHW percentage yet? If so what is it please.

Thanks

I started in January and still haven't received any official confirmation! Have been told by a few people that it's currently just over 27% though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5997
[QUOTE="RS2;70169472"]
Original post by Fac51

Thanks

I started in January and still haven't received any official confirmation! Have been told by a few people that it's currently just over 27% though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Are you not on shift yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5998
Original post by waitingandwaitin
Only things you need to purchase yourself are ya undies!!

Fantastic. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5999
Hi im due to start at Stansted on 20 March. Just looking at the shift times can anyone put some light on the meal breaks for me as it says they're either at the beginning or end of a shift?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending