The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
And I've still not heard anything!! :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1581
Me either! Getting seriously fed up now. If I don't hear tomorrow, I don't like the prospect of another weekend of waiting.
Reply 1582
This wait seems so long this is my 3rd application to UKBA the first post was for BO back in July I completed test 13/07/12 and got my interview offer by 10/08/12, I failed at interview. I completed test for IO 24/09/12 and was rejected 04/10/12. Hopefully 3rd time lucky. I now understand the interview process much better so hopefully my experience will help me in the interview if i get one.
Reply 1583
Day 18 . . . :confused:
Reply 1584
Original post by Jezza_S
Me either! Getting seriously fed up now. If I don't hear tomorrow, I don't like the prospect of another weekend of waiting.

Me neither :confused:
Hi,

I have been watching this site for about a week as I started to get worried about not hearing anything.

I applied for Assistant Border Force Officer for Tilbury, Essex. Did my test on the 5th January, pretty sure I got everything right. Still not heard anything.

Really hope I get an interview, and hope I and everyone else hear something very soon.
Same position.... Hurry up capita!!!

Original post by n00dles0up
Hi,

I have been watching this site for about a week as I started to get worried about not hearing anything.

I applied for Assistant Border Force Officer for Tilbury, Essex. Did my test on the 5th January, pretty sure I got everything right. Still not heard anything.

Really hope I get an interview, and hope I and everyone else hear something very soon.
Reply 1587
Original post by Busybee1976
Same position.... Hurry up capita!!!

Me too!! People have already been turned down for this position so fingers crossed for us x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I emailed them today so will wait and see if I get the standard we are still processing them email.....

Original post by Jennie_H
Me too!! People have already been turned down for this position so fingers crossed for us x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1589
Original post by Busybee1976
Well I emailed them today so will wait and see if I get the standard we are still processing them email.....

Let us all know when they reply & what they say Busybee.

I emailed about the BFO job & Caseworker (different email addresses for each). I got the standard response from BFO on Monday, never got a reply from the latter.

Without this forum and knowing there are others still waiting in limbo, I think I'd have given up all hope by now!
Original post by Jezza_S
Let us all know when they reply & what they say Busybee.

I emailed about the BFO job & Caseworker (different email addresses for each). I got the standard response from BFO on Monday, never got a reply from the latter.

Without this forum and knowing there are others still waiting in limbo, I think I'd have given up all hope by now!

Same here. All hope would have gone out the window if I didnt find this site.

What has everyone done to prepare for a potential interview?
I am a very nervous interviewee and not knowing what to expect realy kills my brain because I over think everything. All I know is that it will be a competency based interview, which I have had before in 1 other job and I was not prepared for it in the slightest. Having to think of examples of demostrating skills and/or weaknesses is tough when put on the spot. I pray that I am more prepared if I get an interview for ABFO.

If I don't hear anything today, its another day I havent been told, I have been unsuccessful. Fingers crossed.
Reply 1591
Well good luck to all of you!
All i'll say is that your nerves/frustration doesn't end there!! I am still waiting for my SC clearance which went in on the 12th December but guess Christmas may have effected them.
All I want to know is a start date!!
Reply 1592
Looks like another week is going to pass by without any news. Seriously, HOW long does it take??

I'm considering calling them, but don't want to sound too persistent having emailed already.
Reply 1593
Original post by jungle1
Well good luck to all of you!
All i'll say is that your nerves/frustration doesn't end there!! I am still waiting for my SC clearance which went in on the 12th December but guess Christmas may have effected them.
All I want to know is a start date!!

I am in the same position Jungle1! Interview in October, offer back in December and still waiting for a start date for training!!

Do you know where the training will be and how long is it for?
Reply 1594
Original post by Unigrad
I am in the same position Jungle1! Interview in October, offer back in December and still waiting for a start date for training!!

Do you know where the training will be and how long is it for?

When I joined the Foreign Office, security clearance took just over 3 months. That's about usual.
Reply 1595
So, does anyone honestly think we'll hear back from Capita today?! I don't!!
Reply 1596
New week...must think positive...!! But then, some people are having interviews tomorrow already :confused:
Reply 1597
Original post by Zvyezda
New week...must think positive...!! But then, some people are having interviews tomorrow already :confused:

Yeah I'm trying to remain positive, but that I really don't understand.
Reply 1598
Does it depend on what role & where they have applied? Maybe they're getting through them in batches. I'm still waiting x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1599
Original post by Jennie_H
Does it depend on what role & where they have applied? Maybe they're getting through them in batches. I'm still waiting x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know people have had replies for Assistant Border Force and Caseworker applications. I don't think anyone has had one for BFO at Heathrow??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending