The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
:dance:

I am back in England, you can now text me! Joint house warming party/21st party? Apparently there's only 4 Barts freshers events this year, the rest are QM (or so my sister tells me?) so we'll have plenty of nights for a party! :biggrin:
Original post by tikkitak
I am back in England, you can now text me! Joint house warming party/21st party? Apparently there's only 4 Barts freshers events this year, the rest are QM (or so my sister tells me?) so we'll have plenty of nights for a party! :biggrin:

Will do probably :smile:
Definitely! We'll have to plan it when we're all back in London :yep:

She's wrong.. there's a couple more http://www.qmsu.org/ents/eventlist/GriffInn/ click on events.

We'll still have plenty of nights for a party though :cheers:

She's wrong.. there's a couple more http://www.qmsu.org/ents/eventlist/GriffInn/ click on events.

We can always do our own thing if there's nothing going on, and invite our fresher children :colone:
Original post by a moist feeling
We can always do our own thing if there's nothing going on, and invite our fresher children :colone:

I'm liking the sound of that :colone:

Those events sound pretty lame. Caveman/girl will just turn into toga, 70s/80s will end up being very similar too. Although avengers :awesome:. Tempted to crash that although it might be a little weird as it's basically only ever freshers that go.

Although, why is there no mummies and daddies on there :s-smilie:
Original post by RollerBall
Those events sound pretty lame. Caveman/girl will just turn into toga, 70s/80s will end up being very similar too. Although avengers :awesome:. Tempted to crash that although it might be a little weird as it's basically only ever freshers that go.

Caveman will be lame, cavegirl could be interesting though.. will let some of the fresher ladies join the barts web at least :ninja:
Agreed with the 70s/80s.. I don't know the difference between the two in dress code sense :erm:
Avengers is so much better than the film they gave us last year (cold running ffs)

If you click view month it's there http://www.qmsu.org/ents/event/1951/ don't know why it wouldn't show up normally but the qmsu website is crap tbh
Hey I am thinking of applying to Barts (still thinking) bit worried about their tariff thing since i have achieved grades :/ people can get predictions of A*A*A*A* which would out rank me but does Barts take into account over predictions like somebody with Cs at AS but has been predicted an A*?

I got AAAAa so that's 540 if you count the extra AS level :/ what do you guys think?
Original post by raveen789
Hey I am thinking of applying to Barts (still thinking) bit worried about their tariff thing since i have achieved grades :/ people can get predictions of A*A*A*A* which would out rank me but does Barts take into account over predictions like somebody with Cs at AS but has been predicted an A*?

I got AAAAa so that's 540 if you count the extra AS level :/ what do you guys think?

If you got a C at AS and were predicted an A* then it's not counted. The medical schools will realise that's something's not right there so unless there's extenuating circumstances then the predictions are seen as unrealistic and count for **** all and the school/sixth form can be blacklisted.

Cutoff last year was ~510, so you could be ok but I don't want to say in case 540 ends up not being good enough and you count me as responsible :tongue:
If you got a C at AS and were predicted an A* then it's not counted. The medical schools will realise that's something's not right there so unless there's extenuating circumstances then the predictions are seen as unrealistic and count for **** all and the school/sixth form can be blacklisted.

Cutoff last year was ~510, so you could be ok but I don't want to say in case 540 ends up not being good enough and you count me as responsible :tongue:

wish i did some of my grades in guitar now :tongue:

Yeah some of the events really don't sound all that great :/ but you could watch the avengers yourself, I wouldn't want to pay to go to that event :tongue:

Mummies and Daddies will be awesome though, as will Toga as always! The rest are a bit meh to be honest!
Watching the Video of B&L on youtube it looks really nice, ive not had a chance to visit yet :frown:

I know this is only the 2nd year of this system but what do you think the variance in cut off would be? Would 530 be too risky ?
Original post by Orinincandenza
I know this is only the 2nd year of this system but what do you think the variance in cut off would be? Would 530 be too risky ?

No idea to be honest with you, could go up, could go down for all we know :redface:
No idea to be honest with you, could go up, could go down for all we know :redface:

Yeah roughly what I thought. Dammit.
Reply 194

She's an idiot. There's loads of events!
And what is 'I Love Freshers Wednesday'!?
(Sounds like your kind of event :tongue:)
Caveman will be lame, cavegirl could be interesting though.. will let some of the fresher ladies join the barts web at least :ninja:
Agreed with the 70s/80s.. I don't know the difference between the two in dress code sense :erm:
Avengers is so much better than the film they gave us last year (cold running ffs)

If you click view month it's there http://www.qmsu.org/ents/event/1951/ don't know why it wouldn't show up normally but the qmsu website is crap tbh

It says M&D is at drapers o.o
Original post by tikkitak
She's an idiot. There's loads of events!
And what is 'I Love Freshers Wednesday'!?
(Sounds like your kind of event :tongue:)

Didn't want to have to say it.. but she is a dentist :tongue:

Hey! I'm not like that anyway, or won't be like that this year :tongue:
(that said, if I were single I would be in agreement with you :sigh:)
It says M&D is at drapers o.o

Follow the link again and look at bottom left of the box. It's at both, we have Griff Inn, QM have dRapers
Reply 197
I don't actually know, you're best off e-mailing admissions and asking them politely if they'll consider your application.

If you could let me know their response that'd be great :yy:

How 'bad' do you consider 'bad' though?

Holding you to that :tongue:

Where can I email them? :smile:
Original post by Revent
Where can I email them? :smile:

Their e-mail address should be on the BL website under admissions, go look :tongue:
Didn't want to have to say it.. but she is a dentist :tongue:

Hey! I'm not like that anyway, or won't be like that this year :tongue:
(that said, if I were single I would be in agreement with you :sigh:)

Follow the link again and look at bottom left of the box. It's at both, we have Griff Inn, QM have dRapers

Thank **** for that. It's way too far for me to expect my flatmates to carry me the way home from drapers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending