The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by oli_G
Oh dear, it does look that way doesn't it. D:

I know :frown: I thought I'd be relatively ok with a UCAS tariff of 560 but now I'm not so sure
Reply 1381
It's disappointing that this thread started with such a heated argument, over what was essentially nothing worth arguing over.
Original post by J1994D
useful to analyse them so you know where you have a good chance of getting in and where you probably wont get in!

I fully appreciate analysing stats before applying, but not after (which seems to be the case here!)
Original post by Topcat94
I fully appreciate analysing stats before applying, but not after (which seems to be the case here!)

oh yeah, but it was done before applying. he jsut brought it up again, i guess its useful for knowing your chances at interview aswell, all just to give you peace of mind for all the compulsive worriers on this thread
Oh god, I feel that I would definitely be getting a rejection sometime soon. Oh well... At least it won't drag on for too long. The malaysia/ SG interviews will be in January...

Posted from TSR Mobile
If someone with 520 UCAS tariff and 685 UKCAT has gotten rejection. Well, I am expecting rejection. 540 UCAS points (achieved) and 672.5 UKCAT. One choice gone just like that - damn.
Wow, looks like the UCAS tariff cutoff is going to be insane this year! :eek:
Original post by hermi1
Someone I know just got rejected! :frown:
520 UCAS tariff
685 UKCAT

Oh dear guys. Looks like it's going to be a tough year! :cry:

fml.
Original post by AspiringGenius
fml.

What's your stats, if you don't mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goldenangel112
What's your stats, if you don't mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCAS 600 and UKCAT 685. I know the UCAS tariff is much higher but I was considering giving EPQ a miss (and dropping to 530)and contacting UCAS but now I guess I'll just have to keep plodding through it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Thamesgbaski
If someone with 520 UCAS tariff and 685 UKCAT has gotten rejection. Well, I am expecting rejection. 540 UCAS points (achieved) and 672.5 UKCAT. One choice gone just like that - damn.

I have 540 too, guess we will go down together :frown:
Stop panicking guys! It only makes other people panick and spreads nervousness around just wait, we don't know why those people were rejected, it could be ps, not meeting gcse, A2 predictions, etc anything! Just wait

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by AspiringGenius
UCAS 600 and UKCAT 685. I know the UCAS tariff is much higher but I was considering giving EPQ a miss (and dropping to 530)and contacting UCAS but now I guess I'll just have to keep plodding through it.

Good good , at least you did not decide before this! 600 would be safe!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard anything who applied for grad entry medicine 2013? I have been rejected from imperial and kings.
Original post by Rowanlucy
Anyone heard anything who applied for grad entry medicine 2013? I have been rejected from imperial and kings.

Sorry to hear that and fingers crossed for the rest of your choices :smile:

Well, apparently a guy at my Uni has an interview but I haven't spoken to him directly yet and considering no one else on TSR has heard I'm thinking it might be one of those rumour mill things....would really like to know now as well, I applied to barts for 5 AND 4 year :/

Original post by Rowanlucy

Some people have been rejected by Barts.
Aw, it's just so frustrating not hearing anything! Now obsessively checking track!! Good luck to everyone else waiting....
Reply 1397
Original post by J1994D
Stop panicking guys! It only makes other people panick and spreads nervousness around just wait, we don't know why those people were rejected, it could be ps, not meeting gcse, A2 predictions, etc anything! Just wait

Yes thank you! You guys have to stop worrying! As I have said before, I think the personal statement plays a lot more of a role than you may think and it may not be the UCAS tariff and UKCAT on its own! There were people who got interviews with tariff scores as low as 410 so clearly the UCAS tariff (and UKCAT) is clearly not the single factor in interview or not!

Original post by Topcat94
I don't understand the need to analyse statistics.. There's no point! An offer's an offer and a rejection's a rejection!

Perhaps some like to have a better understanding of how the system works for Barts. :wink:
Original post by Revent
Yes thank you! You guys have to stop worrying! As I have said before, I think the personal statement plays a lot more of a role than you may think and it may not be the UCAS tariff and UKCAT on its own! There were people who got interviews with tariff scores as low as 410 so clearly the UCAS tariff (and UKCAT) is clearly not the single factor in interview or not!

Perhaps some like to have a better understanding of how the system works for Barts. :wink:

Did I not hear something along the lines of those with achieved grades and UKCAT which meet the minimum requirement will be/were interviewed automatically. So could the low tariffs be those people?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, it may have been a rumour or I may be remembering incorrectly. I wouldn't want to spread false information.

Anyway, good luck guys. Don't worry though! If a rejection comes, then remember that pretty much everyone will experience a rejection at some point, and although you may not have the right application for Barts, if you've done your research you'll have an application which suits another uni :biggrin:
Reply 1399
Original post by Holz888
Did I not hear something along the lines of those with achieved grades and UKCAT which meet the minimum requirement will be/were interviewed automatically. So could the low tariffs be those people?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, it may have been a rumour or I may be remembering incorrectly. I wouldn't want to spread false information.

Anyway, good luck guys. Don't worry though! If a rejection comes, then remember that pretty much everyone will experience a rejection at some point, and although you may not have the right application for Barts, if you've done your research you'll have an application which suits another uni :biggrin:

That is incorrect. They both have the same weighting according to Barts. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending