The Student Room Group

Films you couldn't finish

My brother and I were laughing today remembering the time my mum and stepdad walked out of the cinema whilst watching Superbad. I think they were about 20 minutes in, it had just got to the scene where he's talking about how he used to draw penis's on everything and my parents decided that was enough for them and left the cinema :lol:

What films have you abandoned/stopped watching and why?

EDIT: It doesn't have to be a film at the cinema! Any film you've had to stop watching/walk out on/pause and then never return to
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There is loads I walked from, most recent was Men in black 3, friend really wanted to see. I feel asleep soon as I saw Will Smiths than he woke me up agreeing that its **** so we went.

Trying to think of some

Avatar, I watched about 30 mins then stood up and shouted "f*** this s***" threw down my 3D glasses and went got pissed in the bar downstairs. 3D annoyed the hell out of me, I thought this is boring, the film 3 hours or something I can't handle that amount of time.

Walked out of Transformers because all I saw was explosions and no story

Cabin in the woods offended me when they ripped off Evil dead , people around were clapping at unfunny jokes annoyed me so I went out of that.

I don't really watch a film at the cinema if I know I'm wasn't going to like it, films in cinema suck nowadays usually just go drinking instead specially if the only option is 3D, rather watch 2D if I can.
Original post by farrow000
Avatar, I watched about 30 mins then stood up and shouted "f*** this s***" threw down my 3D glasses and went got pissed in the bar downstairs. 3D annoyed the hell out of me, I thought this is boring, the film 3 hours or something I can't handle that amount of time.

whilst i totally agree with your stance on the torrent of diarrhea that was 'Avatar', you shouted in the cinema??

Cabin in the woods offended me when they ripped off Evil dead , people around were clapping at unfunny jokes annoyed me so I went out of that.

I really enjoyed this and the influences didn't bother me for some reason. Guess it was just well enough made and had a decent enough twist.

I walked out of Alice in Wonderland and The A-Team. I think they were the last two and they were crap.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
That ABBA Mamma Mia film or whatever it was - my mum was watching it on Channel 5 or something, so I thought I'd join her to be nice. After about 5 minutes I just had to leave. The plotline was terrible (I was expecting this, so I let it off for that somewhat) and the acting and singing were just terrible. Never again.
Reply 4

Yeah... that didn't happen, did it?
Reply 5
Original post by Mister Dead
whilst i totally agree with your stance on the torrent of diarrhea that was 'Avatar', you shouted in the cinema??

I really enjoyed this and the influences didn't bother me for some reason. Guess it was just well enough made and had a decent enough twist.

I walked out of Alice in Wonderland and The A-Team. I think they were the last two and they were crap.

It was more to my friends than anyone else, wasn't trying to disturb anyone else. It was only the once I did it, usually sneak out quietly. I disagree with you with Cabin in the woods, i do like cheesy horror but the scene with the zombies with the book opening, sorry I'm a huge fan of Evil dead so I couldn't sit through it. but fair enough :smile:
There is loads I walked from, most recent was Men in black 3, friend really wanted to see. I feel asleep soon as I saw Will Smiths than he woke me up agreeing that its **** so we went.

Trying to think of some

Walked out of Transformers because all I saw was explosions and no story

I don't really watch a film at the cinema if I know I'm wasn't going to like it, films in cinema suck nowadays usually just go drinking instead specially if the only option is 3D, rather watch 2D if I can.

Thanks for taking time away from getting lashed to write your reply.

Although agree on transformers :cool:
Reply 7
Titanic! I know that's like blasphemy but still haven't seen it, can't make it through

Edit - The negs are silly, I even acknowledged the ridiculousness of having not seen it in the post!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
I have a very high tolerance for bad films and will watch almost anything but even I couldn't finish the men who stared at goats. We rented the move because my brother was certain it would be good, as stubborn as he is even he gave up after the first hour.
Interesting there are people that have walked out in cinemas. I can't say I've ever walked out or not finished watching a film. Films are generally 2-3 hours long so if I've invested an hour watching it, I'd like to finish it, for a sense of closure if it's terrible. As for cinemas, there are additional factors like having spent money on it and looking up the film, trailers and reviews beforehand so as to make a choice that won't likely force me to walk out.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
kung fu panda 2 load of ****e left after 20 mins
Reply 11
King Kong (Peter Jackson). Me and a couple of friends were watching it at the cinema. It took about an hour for anything to happen, it was soooo boring :angry: We left halfway through...
Reply 12
Titanic so boring
Reply 13
Original post by davidmarsh01
That ABBA Mamma Mia film or whatever it was - my mum was watching it on Channel 5 or something, so I thought I'd join her to be nice. After about 5 minutes I just had to leave. The plotline was terrible (I was expecting this, so I let it off for that somewhat) and the acting and singing were just terrible. Never again.

Oh I love Mamma Mia. Lets be honest you dont watch it for the plot but for the songs =D
Reply 14
If you leave a cinema before the film finishes you have too much money.
None. I like films.
I'd never walk out of a Cinema. I paid for a ticket and therefore I am going to watch the movie in its entirety. That's what being a student does to you.
Avengers

Yes.
Original post by TheJ0ker

that's absurd. it costs the same amount either way, and one could argue that time being money, it's cheaper to leave and do something productive than to sit through something that's tosh
Reply 19
Original post by TheJ0ker

This.

Quick Reply

Latest