The Student Room Group

Were my parents fair to do this regarding accommodation?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beccafairy
i agree that (unfortunately) it is likely for a student to go and do that kind of thing, but i wouldn't class the OP as your typical student - if he's saved up that much already he obviously knows how to handle having a large sum of money! and already the fact that he's choosing a student house over halls says to me that he's not likely to be a party animal.

Mmm well either way i doubt we'll agree on this so lets stop arguing the toss and agree to disagree yar? :tongue:
Although with regards to the bit highlighted, He might just want a larger place to party than some potty little student dorm :wink:
Original post by cl_steele
Mmm well either way i doubt we'll agree on this so lets stop arguing the toss and agree to disagree yar? :tongue:
Although with regards to the bit highlighted, He might just want a larger place to party than some potty little student dorm :wink:

ha, true! :tongue:

either way, i really hope you can get it sorted, OP.
Find a new house
Oh grow up not every house requires mummys signature.
Why bring my potential kids into this? I have no issue signing a signature im just saying OPs parents are well within their rights to say no, seems you beg to differ though ... tell you what why dont they just give him their house to boot?

I know someone who couldn't find a single house available without needing a guarantor, and the halls needed one as well.

No one has once said they dont have the right, or can't, so why keep saying the same thing no one disagrees with - it doesn't make you look right. They said they should, and they should. Even more so if he offers the entire amount to them as the op has.

What a parent can do/has the legal right to do does not have to equal what they should do, and in this instance he is just being a dick.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by mabrookes
I know someone who couldn't find a single house available without needing a guarantor, and the halls needed one as well.

No one has once said they dont have the right, or can't, so why keep saying the same thing no one disagrees with - it doesn't make you look right. They said they should, and they should. Even more so if he offers the entire amount to them as the op has.

What a parent can do/has the legal right to do does not have to equal what they should do, and in this instance he is just being a dick.

Thats amazingly uninteresting...

Umm yes they have and my point stands.

No he's excersising his right to not have to be a buffer for his kid when he doesnt have to be, its people like you who are being 'dicks' assuming that he is honour bound to have to do it. Just because he's the OPs dad doesnt mean he has to do ****.
Thats amazingly uninteresting...

Umm yes they have and my point stands.

No he's excersising his right to not have to be a buffer for his kid when he doesnt have to be, its people like you who are being 'dicks' assuming that he is honour bound to have to do it. Just because he's the OPs dad doesnt mean he has to do ****.

Saying the same thing again, "he doesn't have to do it", and still no one has said he does. But that is not the same as what he should do. And what buffer, what part of being given the entire amount upfront would then be him being a buffer!!

A decent parent, if the circumstances are normal (history plays a part), should do this without a second thought. He doesn't have to but (again) in this instance he is just being a **** with no cause to not do other than petty disinterest in his sons life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending