The Student Room Group

Oxford 2012 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by starkrush
11pm fire alarm because someone failed to make a piece of toast. Fortunately I was just watching iPlayer and was fully dressed, but other people who were sleeping were not quite so relaxed :biggrin:

6.50am after I stayed up until 2 doing a translation (today was my LIE-IN day) and I'm pretty sure that everyone saw me in my underwear and that I kept cuddling my tutorial partner :lolwut:
Original post by flywithemma
In the least creepy way possible, I'm SURE I was sat next to you for a substantial time this afternoon in the Upper Camera :colondollar:

omg. I really, really, thought it might be you, because I saw your Bod card with you name, college and subject on it, but then I was like "no, hang on, there may be two Emmas in Keble in 2nd year, doing History, I mean, History is quite large subject, and Keble might be a big college"....therefore I chickened out of saying anything because I thought it would look really strange if I was like "do I know you from the internet?" because a) you might think I was just being creepy or b) you might be really annoyed that I was talking in the Rad Cam, especially the Upper Camera, which seems quieter than downstairs.

:biggrin: such a coincidence! And I sooo nearly said something, but then because you didn't say anything as well, I decided it was best not too, and where we were sitting was quite crowded, so it would have been awkward if you blanked me, or told me to be quiet.

Also, did you notice the guy sitting opposite us was wearing a waistcoat and bow tie? I genuinely thought people like that only existed in Brideshead Revisited...

Next time I will definitely say hi! I'm in the Radcam most days :smile:
11pm fire alarm because someone failed to make a piece of toast. Fortunately I was just watching iPlayer and was fully dressed, but other people who were sleeping were not quite so relaxed :biggrin:

Original post by such_a_lady
6.50am after I stayed up until 2 doing a translation (today was my LIE-IN day) and I'm pretty sure that everyone saw me in my underwear and that I kept cuddling my tutorial partner :lolwut:

The worst times are when you have an overnight guest in your room, who you didn't sign in because let's face it who does?! Then there's the dilemma of taking them downstairs, everyone seeing who you've been with... Or leaving them in your room where they may burn to a crisp...
Original post by Poppyxx
The worst times are when you have an overnight guest in your room, who you didn't sign in because let's face it who does?! Then there's the dilemma of taking them downstairs, everyone seeing who you've been with... Or leaving them in your room where they may burn to a crisp...

Surely you could go down separately, say a good 30 seconds after the other? Then say meet back at the room (assuming all's well with the building).
Original post by Niki_girl
...did you notice the guy sitting opposite us was wearing a waistcoat and bow tie? I genuinely thought people like that only existed in Brideshead Revisited...

Hey, that was me :mad:

Spoiler

Surely you could go down separately, say a good 30 seconds after the other? Then say meet back at the room (assuming all's well with the building).

Impeccable logic. :holmes: :congrats:

but then everyone wonders who the random guy is stood there... just raises more questions that does.
I feel the need to celebrate and inform people upon finishing an essay, so....:party:
Original post by Niki_girl

Also, did you notice the guy sitting opposite us was wearing a waistcoat and bow tie? I genuinely thought people like that only existed in Brideshead Revisited...

I have the sneaking suspicion I know who that guy is....the guy I'm thinking of also has a fancy cane.
Original post by shoshin
Hey, that was me :mad:

Spoiler

:laugh: that would have been awkward :colondollar:

Original post by such_a_lady
I feel the need to celebrate and inform people upon finishing an essay, so....:party:

:woo: well done! And now I must return to my own work :redface:

Original post by qwertyuiop1993
I have the sneaking suspicion I know who that guy is....the guy I'm thinking of also has a fancy cane.

He may have had a cane, to be honest I only noticed him when he sat down because he was opposite where I was, but he did have quite light/ possibly blonde hair, slicked back, if that helps?
I submitted my tutorial essay today...having started the reading on Sunday night, AND it was actually in the word limit :smug:

so...the big question, who are we all voting for in the 'election of the police and crime commissioner for the Thames Valley Police area'? :pierre:
I'm actually genuinely a bit excited, I've never voted before :colondollar:
Original post by medbh4805
I submitted my tutorial essay today...having started the reading on Sunday night, AND it was actually in the word limit :smug:

so...the big question, who are we all voting for in the 'election of the police and crime commissioner for the Thames Valley Police area'? :pierre:
I'm actually genuinely a bit excited, I've never voted before :colondollar:

Me too! :redface: Are there little potted biographies of the candidates online, or something?
Original post by anyone_can_fly
Me too! :redface: Are there little potted biographies of the candidates online, or something?

:yes: www.choosemypcc.org.uk from the 26th October
As term has now well and truly set in, it would be great if you guys could start to move over to the current students thread here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=866509

We try to keep chat threads to a minimum in the forums and you're all definitely fully fledged current students now! This thread will be kept open for a couple more weeks, but I will eventually have to lock it as we can't have two current students threads going at once, so I'd appreciate it if you could start to join the big boys and girls :awesome:

Also, that thread has been going since 2009 and has recently hit 9000 posts, so I'm confident that you guys can speed up the creation of the Oxford current students thread mk III. To provide context, the Cambridge thread is now on its tenth iteration so Oxford are seriously lagging :p:
when my latin prose composition ability gets better, I'm so going to write an article in Latin about LMH for the Latin wikipedia :colonhash:
Original post by medbh4805
when my latin prose composition ability gets better, I'm so going to write an article in Latin about LMH for the Latin wikipedia :colonhash:
PRSOM!
Original post by Zoedotdot
As term has now well and truly set in, it would be great if you guys could start to move over to the current students thread here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=866509

We try to keep chat threads to a minimum in the forums and you're all definitely fully fledged current students now! This thread will be kept open for a couple more weeks, but I will eventually have to lock it as we can't have two current students threads going at once, so I'd appreciate it if you could start to join the big boys and girls :awesome:

Also, that thread has been going since 2009 and has recently hit 9000 posts, so I'm confident that you guys can speed up the creation of the Oxford current students thread mk III. To provide context, the Cambridge thread is now on its tenth iteration so Oxford are seriously lagging :p:

At Oxford we actually work :tongue:
Original post by AnimalSpirit
At Oxford we actually work :tongue:
or are enjoying 'real' life? :tongue:
Original post by fluteflute
or are enjoying 'real' life? :tongue:

Lies. We'll just have to accept this one: we're the vastly superior academic centre, and they're just a pale imitation, but through trying hard their students have managed to post more on an internet forum. Shame, really.

:ninja:
Reply 1599
Original post by Zoedotdot
As term has now well and truly set in, it would be great if you guys could start to move over to the current students thread... you could start to join the big boys and girls :awesome:

Once a mother duckling always a mother duckling:yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending