The Student Room Group

Job interview at Maplin.. Help?

Hey guys I am new to the forums, thought I would sign up or something after using it or god knows how long now! But yeah!

I got a call from the dude from Maplin and got called for a interview and I was like okay cool epicness. (Did not say it like that)

But yeah, I have never had a paid job before and only volunteer which I currently do.

I guess I do know a bit about some electronics like Computer Hardware and what some basic cables are and what they could be used for and maybe other stuff.

But yeah I feel pretty edgy and wary about it, I feel like I don't know so much, I also know that they are very good with customers (I know as I visit the place a lot)

I was wondering what the interview will be like, I searched on google and there seems to be nothing including the ones on this forum. I also wonder if they give me training or help me adapt to my new role.

Ant help would be appreciated! :smile:
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
its good you are knowledgeable about computer parts and that, but what they really want to see is great customer service. the customer always comes first, regardless. if you get asked about money/profits being more important than the customer, the customer is more important; (money/profit is a managers job).

good luck!
Reply 3
Right had it.. I thought it went good but I aint sure, but I defiantly want the job now..

The interview lasted around 50 minutes, done a observation test too.

Went pretty informal really, more of a chat and then just asking me questions as it went around, asked me about if someone went in and asked for a printer what would I do, said that what would his uses would be, would it be used for using photo's etc: would a printer scanner be more effective with him etc. Also said that it would be good to sell Ink with it an such too. Then we talked about how important multi sales is. Quite cool.

Discusses wage salary, the interviewer popped up with it. And hours I could work, said monday morning to sunday night lol.

Though we got on well. Quite relaxed really.

Ill be gutted if I don't get, he said he will call me in 2 days.

Any good signs?
Reply 4
Did you get the job? Got an interview there this week.
Reply 5
How much is their pay?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending