The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Isn't Georgetown a top notch school if you're interested in politics? I think if that's what you are really interested in, then you should chose it over Yale. (Though admittedly I know nothing about politics at Yale).
Reply 2
Wow, did you get into both of those schools? *very impressed* Oh, the agony of choice! If it were me I'd go to Yale, but you can't go too far wrong with either of them.
Reply 3

alas no, i wasn't accepted.....yet. I have not yet finished high school, but i am eligible to apply for early admission, with my outstanding, unblemished record i have no doubt i'll get into either or both, but still, i'm worried about where my future lies, which school would best suit the course of my career plans?
Reply 4
MickyJ101
alas no, i wasn't accepted.....yet. I have not yet finished high school, but i am eligible to apply for early admission, with my outstanding, unblemished record i have no doubt i'll get into either or both, but still, i'm worried about where my future lies, which school would best suit the course of my career plans?

Dude ... you are aware that there are 2930582349857 other students with "outstanding, unblemished" records, right? Don't be so cocky.

I'm not too sure about Yale, but I do know that Georgetown is amazing for international relations - if that's the angle you're interested in with politics, I'd say go with Georgetown's Walsh School of Foreign Service. It's not Ivy, but you can't really get more prestigious than Walsh for its area.
Yale is overrated. The students there are snobs and a Taliban was accepted as a student there.

Georgetown, though a Jesuit school, is very tolerant of ther religions. Their political science departmant is one of the BEST in the nation. Their social scenes is awesome, and the female students are mostly hot.

Georgetown>Yale 4 life!

btw, if you're applying to any one (esp Yale), MAKE SURE you have an IMPRESSIVE resume of unbelievable ECs. Those schools dont take much international applicants.
Reply 6
youre too right about that. many other students are just like me. I guess i use my record as an excuse to be hopeful and sure. But if yale doesn't happen georgetown will. i will make it happen! or else! lol. but anyway...no one has heard of anything politically notorious from Yale?
Reply 7
What do you mean?
Dont get your hopes high. Those schools are hella competitive. I am also a domestic applicant this year. Apply, but I must warn you that you have a better chance getting into Oxford.

The main point to remember is the ECs.
Reply 9

EC's like drama, cheerleading, soccer, leadership, key club, orchestra? Done it all and still coming. Varsity sports is pretty impressive right? And i have an outstanding record of community service, i hear thats majorly important nowadays. If that helps. I guess i'm just gonna keep crossin my fingers...
Reply 10
dede
What do you mean?
???
EC's like drama, cheerleading, soccer, leadership, key club, orchestra? Done it all and still coming. Varsity sports is pretty impressive right? And i have an outstanding record of community service, i hear thats majorly important nowadays. If that helps. I guess i'm just gonna keep crossin my fingers...

You need stuff better than that. Look at my previous posts about my ECs in the Oxford forum. You need something like that, most preferably better.

The applicants I knew interned for Kerry and top ranked governors. I worked for Jeb Bush (President Bush's brother and governor of Florida) last summer. Get creative.
Reply 12

i live in florida, South florida, i'd rather not drive to jaclksonville just to intern with the gov'na of florida. But on a bright side, i have met and am of aquaintence with Senator Dawson of florida.
Reply 13
That won't do anything for you, unless he'll write a rec or something.

Oh, and the question I asked earlier was what do you mean about "politically notorious" stuff at Yale? I heard UPenn was considered a little more highly for politics, but the person could fully have been lying.
Reply 14

well one shall see shall they not? who knows maybe my career hopes will be dashed and i shall aquire an addiction to designer work. I should hope not! of course. I only know what i want to do now, and i know where i want to go, i'm just uncertain of the whats-do-what's after that. I'm but a naive junior hoping life will grant me just one of my wishes if not all. I've got a college fund, considerable, that should support me through maybe a year or two, my only problem is that im really looking foward to four years, and actually getting inm either, but if that doesn't work, im already planning an alternitive course, although i am quite hopeful i'll be admitted to geogetown. Based on the comments here that seems to be the best course of action, euipped with that one little suggestion to apply for oxford.
Reply 15
Even though I'm bitter about Georgetown rejecting me (found out yesterday ...) I would have to agree.
Reply 16
For what course? It's extremely important to know that.
dede
Even though I'm bitter about Georgetown rejecting me (found out yesterday ...) I would have to agree.

How did you find out about it?
Reply 18
Lorraine.Lam
How did you find out about it?

They sent me a letter ...

What an odd question.
my friend applied georgetown as well.

she's curious whether they would use fedEx.

Latest

Trending

Trending