The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Medicine Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Butterkist123
Had my interview today. Felt like I flopped horrendously. One of the interviewers just wouldn't stop fidgeting!

I had mine today too! My interviewers were lovely though.... What time was yours?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Oltremare
After being rejected, then un-rejected, King's have OFICIALLY rejected me now :'(

Got my hopes up for NOTHING. 3rd rejection.

Wouldn't mind if Bart's rejected me actually so I could re-apply for better unis next year and have a fun gap yah.

All that hard work for nothing....... :frown:

Better unis? B**** please, you in the wrong thread.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 582
Original post by Pafeetus
Better unis? B**** please, you in the wrong thread.

I'm not saying King's is a bad uni hahaah I mean unis that are better suited for me so I have better chances of getting in next year
Original post by Oltremare
I'm not saying King's is a bad uni hahaah I mean unis that are better suited for me so I have better chances of getting in next year

Haha ok I was joking anyway :tongue:
Good luck with the queen mary app!

Reply 584
Hey,
I just wanted to check do kings tell you about the interview having a questionnaire on the portal?
Also is the questionnaire tick boxes or long answers?

Thanks to anyone that can help :smile:
Is it possible to get in for medicine by just doing A2 Chemistry, Biology and German. I am currently doing (Biology, Chemistry, German and Maths at AS)?

Has anyone been offered a place for medicine with A2 Chemistry, Biology and another non-science or maths subject?
Original post by MrOxbridge
Is it possible to get in for medicine by just doing A2 Chemistry, Biology and German. I am currently doing (Biology, Chemistry, German and Maths at AS)?

Has anyone been offered a place for medicine with A2 Chemistry, Biology and another non-science or maths subject?

Yes.

Would doing a non science subject as your third subject for A2 put you at an disadvantage?
Original post by MrOxbridge
Would doing a non science subject as your third subject for A2 put you at an disadvantage?

No.

so if i applied and only got:
2A*s, 6As, 2Bs and a C at GCSE
and AAAAb at As level,
and 725 in my UKCAT
and loads of work experience
would i not stand a chance?:/
Original post by ChemicalFreak
so if i applied and only got:
2A*s, 6As, 2Bs and a C at GCSE
and AAAAb at As level,
and 725 in my UKCAT
and loads of work experience
would i not stand a chance?:/

It depends on your predictions. But as kings use an algorithm combining gcse and ukcat to filter before interview, your gcse grades might let you down. Probably worth a shot though, your ukcat score is pretty high. Maybe ring them and ask if they think you'll make it to interview?

Original post by PinkScarf
Hey,
I just wanted to check do kings tell you about the interview having a questionnaire on the portal?
Also is the questionnaire tick boxes or long answers?

Thanks to anyone that can help :smile:

There isn't much room on the questionnaire, but it isn't tick box. There are 2 or 3 lines per question. I didn't realise the damn thing was 2 sided, so I only ended up answering 3/6 questions. I was devastated when I found out, however having spoken to admissions they have assured me it won't impact upon my application at all. I've since heard several people have done the same, and others forgot to even hand theirs in! So I don't think it is very important. Maybe its used to fill in any gaps if a decision is borderline.

Anyway, my interview was 6 days ago. I guess I could hear back any day in the next few weeks. Am I right in thinking most people get a decision at around 6pm?

Also, have any graduates who applied to the normal 5 year course had any offers or rejections post-interview yet?
Reply 592
It says there's been a change to my application in an email from Kings, but I checked my myapplication portal page, and nothing has changed. I've already been rejected, is this just a glitch?
Original post by Med_me
It says there's been a change to my application in an email from Kings, but I checked my myapplication portal page, and nothing has changed. I've already been rejected, is this just a glitch?

Did you get an e-mail saying it had been updated when you originally got a rejection? If not, perhaps its just a very late e-mail?
Reply 594
Original post by byebyebadman
Did you get an e-mail saying it had been updated when you originally got a rejection? If not, perhaps its just a very late e-mail?

Yes, I'd already had an email. Ah well, I'll just wait.
Im in yr 12 doing maths biology chemistry and geography
my gcse grades are: 6A*'s 3 A's 1B and 1C what are my chances of getting into med school based on my gcse grades?
Hey guys my interview is this Tuesday coming up and i want to know what kind of questions did you get asked in your interview i know you go through different stations and they are gonna make us watch a video where we can take notes from but that's about it . Thank you guys and good luck
It depends on your predictions. But as kings use an algorithm combining gcse and ukcat to filter before interview, your gcse grades might let you down. Probably worth a shot though, your ukcat score is pretty high. Maybe ring them and ask if they think you'll make it to interview?

Hi Pafeetus. I have also got an offer from King's (and one from Imperial). If you don't mind, could you tell me what the condition of your offer from King's is? Have they specified if they want certain grades in certain subjects? Also, did your Imperial offer specify if they want certain grades in certain subjects or have they said in any order?
Original post by EdwardCharters
Hi Pafeetus. I have also got an offer from King's (and one from Imperial). If you don't mind, could you tell me what the condition of your offer from King's is? Have they specified if they want certain grades in certain subjects? Also, did your Imperial offer specify if they want certain grades in certain subjects or have they said in any order?

Kings: AAAb
Imperial: AAAb
I'm only doing Bio, Chem and Maths so As in all 3.

Kings: AAAb
Imperial: AAAb
I'm only doing Bio, Chem and Maths so As in all 3.

Thank you for the information. I understand the 3 As, but what does the 'b' represent? Does it even count or not? I did my Maths in Lower Sixth, with an A*, and I do Bio, Chem and Physics now. King's has asked me for As in Chem and Bio, and a C in Phy. Imperial has asked me for 2As and a C in any order. When looking at the order of conditions, does it look like King's would be my firm and Imperial my insurance? If anyone else has any views, please do comment.

Also, if I want to contact someone on the stalking page who is not on a thread, could you tell me how to message them?

Quick Reply

Latest