The Student Room Group

Clearing question

basically, I was a candidate last year, and got grades of BBC. I re-applied this year and got an offer of AAB (with an A in English). I may or may not achieve this tomorrow, but that's irrelevant.

My firm choice is advertising the course I want to be on for grades of ABB in clearing (with a B in English), after giving me the AAB offer.

I already know that I have these grades (ABB) through retakes and re-done pieces of coursework.

So my question is, does this mean that they are likely to have accepted me, given that they are looking for clearing applicants with lower grades than me?
Yes it does mean that it is likely. But that's not absolutely certain until it's confirmed on track :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Sentenashi
basically, I was a candidate last year, and got grades of BBC. I re-applied this year and got an offer of AAB (with an A in English). I may or may not achieve this tomorrow, but that's irrelevant.

My firm choice is advertising the course I want to be on for grades of ABB in clearing (with a B in English), after giving me the AAB offer.

I already know that I have these grades (ABB) through retakes and re-done pieces of coursework.

So my question is, does this mean that they are likely to have accepted me, given that they are looking for clearing applicants with lower grades than me?

If Track hasn't updated by 8AM you can always ring the Clearing hotline and they can look whether your place has been confirmed :smile:
I would be confident if I were you, but its worth making a call or two and clarifying. If they've advertised lower grades and you meet them, it sounds pretty much a done deal.
Original post by Sentenashi

Technically they do also use your personal statement and grades dont necessarily mean that you'll get in. However, personally, I think you'll be in with a good chance of getting in because you might get the grades to meet your firm offer anyway and if you dont then you already have the grades to make a clearing spot... So not guaranteed but really pretty almost sure you'll most likely get a place (unless your personal statement sucked ass and repeated the phrase "I like cheese. And stickers. And cheese" in it) :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending