The Student Room Group

The University of Dundee MB ChB Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by noregrets
Application submitted yesterday, I hope Dundee are kinder to me this year!

Good luck! Can't recommend Dundee highly enough!
Reply 81
Original post by ChangedMyMind

How are you finding it CMM? :smile:
Original post by Zedd
How are you finding it CMM? :smile:

Its amazing - so happy I came here. The course is very well organised, the academics and clinicians who teach us are fantastic and overall its just good fun. It is a lot of work, but thats all part of the fun! Highly recommended.
Reply 83
Its amazing - so happy I came here. The course is very well organised, the academics and clinicians who teach us are fantastic and overall its just good fun. It is a lot of work, but thats all part of the fun! Highly recommended.

Great to hear! Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to have the option of studying at Dundee
has anyone received a confirmation letter/email from Dundee? I sent my application away on the 1st October and I still haven't received anything :frown:
Reply 85
Original post by wbroadhurst1
has anyone received a confirmation letter/email from Dundee? I sent my application away on the 1st October and I still haven't received anything :frown:

I sent mine around ~18th September and not heard anything so I wouldn't worry. They are the only one not to have acknowledged my application yet.

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it, you deserved a place! How are you enjoying the city? I did my undergrad at Dundee, great place to be a student!
Anyone else get that work experience email? WOW, that was some task trawling through 100's of emails looking for work experience details!
Reply 88
Anyone else get that work experience email? WOW, that was some task trawling through 100's of emails looking for work experience details!

Got it. But can't enter yet.. Hmm.

I didn't get a work experience email. I just got an email a couple of hours ago from them which was a "receipt of application" with a summary of my account and my personal details attached to the email. Did you get this also? Or just the work experience email?

I got that.

I have had two placements in hospitals, but I'm currently working as a care assistant in a nursing home (full-time job). Does that go on there as well, as it technically isn't 'work experience' but is sort of healthcare related..
Reply 91
Original post by TattyBoJangles
I got that.

I have had two placements in hospitals, but I'm currently working as a care assistant in a nursing home (full-time job). Does that go on there as well, as it technically isn't 'work experience' but is sort of healthcare related..

Yes, you should def put that down on the form!! Work of a caring nature is a big ++
Original post by Grad_UK
Yes, you should def put that down on the form!! Work of a caring nature is a big ++

Should I just put down my boss' name under 'supervisor' and then 'currently working full time' under 'approx. number of days worked'?
I'm just a bit confused because I'm sure I put in my employment status on UCAS.

More to the point, why are Dundee asking for my grades again?
Original post by DoctorDeL'avenir
I didn't get a work experience email. I just got an email a couple of hours ago from them which was a "receipt of application" with a summary of my account and my personal details attached to the email. Did you get this also? Or just the work experience email?

I got both, they'll probably be sending them over a few days.
Reply 94
Hi

Yep, that sounds good. I'd be as detailed as you can with the available space. They ask everyone to fill this in - it's to be used as a quick way to score applicants for intervew invites. They weight work experience and grades at a certain percentage against UKCAt result (think it's 60:40) and the top 550 are invited to interview. An additional 50 places are reserved for applicants with extenuating circumstances.
Gah, under 'days worked' it apparently 'must be an integer'.. How can I put across that I'm working full-time? I suppose I'll just say 40 days as I've been there about 8 weeks now..
Reply 96
Entered my details wrong trying to log in for this form

dundee eh.png

Haha, 'eh?' :redface:
Reply 97
Some questions, seeing as I won't be seeing my career's teacher again until after this deadline. :tongue:

--For GCSEs, will I explain Additional Maths as an extra qualification in the comments, enter Maths twice, or refer to it as Further Maths?

--For my AS, I'm planning on repeating this to get my grade up. Seeing as Dundee don't specify an AS-grade it's all right to enter the achieved isn't it?

--And I'm planning on entering my voluntary work at a care home into work experience seeing as I see a lot of the work and have my own duties there too. Should be all right, yeah? (assuming so as TattyboJangles is doing the same kind of thing!)

Thank you and apologies, I'm just paranoid about missing out because of a silly mistake :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 98
I found the questions in their little pre-interview survey to be a little too specific, so in the final box I pointed out certain things. Glad to see them acknowledge the application though :smile:

Btw, I got bored the other day and decided to count the number of applicants in the stalking thread. Of the 1158 applications listed, only 109 (9.41%) were to Scottish medical schools of which only 22 (1.89%) were to Dundee. Obviously TSR members aren't the only people applying to medical schools but the trend with TSR members is very much to apply to English medical schools, not Scottish ones.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 99
so just to get it right...I have to put down healthcare-related work experience? nothing else?
nothing like work-experience in a caring environment? (babysitting, volunteering abroad to teach)?

sorry. I'm just a bit confused :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending