The Student Room Group

St George's University Medicine Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by natalieportland
Hey, I haven't heard anything either...

I am abit worried! But they may still be looking through applications and i think they have interview dates until march/ april.
I am so sorry for those who are still waiting anxiously I know what that feels like after having had the experience with my Exeter application decision being deferred.

I had almost given up hope but yesterday came my St Georges MBBS4 OFFER! - Yay! :biggrin: I was SO happy yesterday I could have bought the whole world a drink!

Ironically after the interviews I had decided that Georges was my first choice anyway - so it has all worked out well.
Original post by rejennyrated
I am so sorry for those who are still waiting anxiously I know what that feels like after having had the experience with my Exeter application decision being deferred.

I had almost given up hope but yesterday came my St Georges MBBS4 OFFER! - Yay! :biggrin: I was SO happy yesterday I could have bought the whole world a drink!

Ironically after the interviews I had decided that Georges was my first choice anyway - so it has all worked out well.

Congrats! I'll see you there, I just firmed on UCAS!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LadyJayito
Congrats! I'll see you there, I just firmed on UCAS!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm being a numpty here - how do you FIRM it - I don't seem to have that option yet.
I'm being a numpty here - how do you FIRM it - I don't seem to have that option yet.

You have to have heard from (offer or rejection) or withdrawn from all your other choices for that option to become available.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by manupalace
You have to have heard from (offer or rejection) or withdrawn from all your other choices for that option to become available.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok - so it won't happen until after 26th March then when I have interviewed at Notts, unless I withdraw on that one...

I'm not sure about the wisdom of this - I did really like St Georges - and I dont want to lose the offer - it's my first choice - but since I got 4 interview invites it seems that it might be foolish not to at least look at the others.

Can anyone advise me of the etiquette here?
Ah ok - so it won't happen until after 26th March then when I have interviewed at Notts, unless I withdraw on that one...

I'm not sure about the wisdom of this - I did really like St Georges - and I dont want to lose the offer - it's my first choice - but since I got 4 interview invites it seems that it might be foolish not to at least look at the others.

You can't lose the offer. Its up to you, if you feel attending the other interviews would be a waste of your time and money don't go, but if you can't guarantee that you would turn them down if offered go to the interview.

There is the argument that someone else could use your slot, but I'm not sure that is always the case (certain places do have an interview waiting list though). Regardless no one can expect you to turn down an interview just because you have another offer. Good luck with Notts :smile:

Your first choice gave you an offer? and you are not taking it?
if you got all the offers which uni would you go to? if its not st georges then i would say go to the other interview, if it is st georges, then your just wasting your time because you already have your first choice.
Oh i wish i had your dilema!
Did everyone else with offers get the invite to the applicant applicant day? Is anyone planning to go on April 3rd?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks :smile: I don't really have a first choice. I'm glad my advice helped, though I don't doubt you would have been absolutely fine without it. Is George's your first choice?

Fair enough,do you have offers from anywhere else? Haha I think it was about whether or not to wear my puffy coat and what happens before :P well at the moment it's my only! I did really like it when I went for interview though so I really happy about being able to go there :smile:
Original post by TaraBelle
Fair enough,do you have offers from anywhere else? Haha I think it was about whether or not to wear my puffy coat and what happens before :P well at the moment it's my only! I did really like it when I went for interview though so I really happy about being able to go there :smile:

:lol: I remember now. Then you would definitely have been fine without it. I'm in the same situation with St George's being my only offer so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 591
Long term stalker here but I have a request - I have a deferred offer from last year and would love to come to one of this years open days to meet the people I will be starting with. Any chance of someone sending me the link to sign up for it as I'm not expecting to get an email about the open days considering I don't have a new offer.

And when actually are the open days this year?
:lol: I remember now. Then you would definitely have been fine without it. I'm in the same situation with St George's being my only offer so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you never know- I could have decided not to wear it then been really cold on the way and not in the right frame of mind and therefore screw it up :P ah okay, well one is all you need anyway!

Did everyone else with offers get the invite to the applicant applicant day? Is anyone planning to go on April 3rd?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going on the one on 27th feb- anyone else? :smile:
Reply 593
For work experience headed letters, do they have to be signed in pen and delivered by post, or is a scanned signature good enough?
Original post by Kev.1995
For work experience headed letters, do they have to be signed in pen and delivered by post, or is a scanned signature good enough?

Two of mine had electronic (pen pad) signatures so I assume it would be fine. If you have already had your interview then post it otherwise take it with you.

That said I need to send a copy of my degree certificate to them as a condition of my offer but I'm planning on taking it to them when I'm next in the area

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ginnieolus
Your first choice gave you an offer? and you are not taking it?
if you got all the offers which uni would you go to? if its not st georges then i would say go to the other interview, if it is st georges, then your just wasting your time because you already have your first choice.
Oh i wish i had your dilema!

No I think you slightly missed my point - I am fully intent on taking it - but my family are still rather keen for me to go to the other interviews anyway, as they put it "just in case" I change my mind once I have seen the alternatives available.

I am pretty damn certain that I won't, but I kind of know that they are right, at least in theory. They know just how long and hard I have worked to get to where I am right now and they just don't want me to make any mistake through being overly hasty. So I'm going to compromise and go to the one of the two outstanding interviews which is early next week, and then assuming that hasn't changed my opinion, I will then pull out of the other rather longer term date and go firm on Georges.
No I think you slightly missed my point - I am fully intent on taking it - but my family are still rather keen for me to go to the other interviews anyway, as they put it "just in case" I change my mind once I have seen the alternatives available.

I am pretty damn certain that I won't, but I kind of know that they are right, at least in theory. They know just how long and hard I have worked to get to where I am right now and they just don't want me to make any mistake through being overly hasty. So I'm going to compromise and go to the one of the two outstanding interviews which is early next week, and then assuming that hasn't changed my opinion, I will then pull out of the other rather longer term date and go firm on Georges.

oh yes sorry , i did!
I understand where your family is coming from, probably a good idea
Just to clarify

The interview is mmi right? No panel interview, no group discussions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meltingice
Just to clarify

The interview is mmi right? No panel interview, no group discussions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. MMI only. There's more info on SGUL website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. MMI only. There's more info on SGUL website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry about it being an MMI though. It's just like an ordinary interview which takes place in little chunks in several different rooms with different people doing each bit.

I positively enjoyed it and came out thinking how much fun it had been.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending