The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Chemistry 2012-2013

Scroll to see replies

I managed to get a B! I actually cannot believe it. I never answered about 3/4 questions :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, just back to school and honestly finding Adv Chemistry very, very confusing. Have no idea most of the time what's going on :s-smilie: Was wondering if someone could advise me on whats the best revision book to get ? :s-smilie:

Thanks!
Original post by itsGrand131415
Hey guys, just back to school and honestly finding Adv Chemistry very, very confusing. Have no idea most of the time what's going on :s-smilie: Was wondering if someone could advise me on whats the best revision book to get ? :s-smilie:

Thanks!

brightred book is the best by far.
Agreed ^ I was off for a while and had to teach myself most of unit 3. I used the bright red book and managed to get an A :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awsome! Just ordered them off Amazon and really wanting it to arrive as early as possible because after having start a bit of Unit 1 and stuff on Spectrum etc etc I have no idea what's going on :/ Realizing most of Unit 1 is Physics related.
Awsome! Just ordered them off Amazon and really wanting it to arrive as early as possible because after having start a bit of Unit 1 and stuff on Spectrum etc etc I have no idea what's going on :/ Realizing most of Unit 1 is Physics related.

Man, unit 1 was my favourite unit! What is it you're struggling with? I might be able to help. :smile:
Well its all the light spectrum stuff. We moved away from that on Friday and currently starting something with electrons which is interesting:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh god calculations.. they never end :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Apologetic Cube
Is there any actual material to Unit 2? It just seems like calculation after calculation...

None at all. It's calculations galore.

Well its all the light spectrum stuff. We moved away from that on Friday and currently starting something with electrons which is interesting:tongue:

And what is it about the light spectrum stuff that you don't get?
Original post by Hype en Ecosse

And what is it about the light spectrum stuff that you don't get?

Ahhhhhh Calculations and I'll let you know by tomorrow as I've been quite lazy past few days but definitely by tomorrow I'll bombard you with questions as I'll be spending most of my free periods re writting and organizing notes. :P
Doing it this year..any tips :biggrin:
Original post by Proud_Student
Doing it this year..any tips :biggrin:

Yes.
(1)Keep on top of all the work or it'll pile up on you.
(2)Ask questions if you don't understand in order to get them sorted early.
(3)Think about investigation ideas early (nothing worse than stressing about it when you have a deadline)
(4)learn what you can of the equations (lots of them) and the PPAs :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey
how hard is it to get a B in this ?? so scared now... there's A LOT of ku :frown:
There's hardly any KU in Chemistry...

Really? I think theirs a lot. Many of the PS questions require an understanding of the material as well.

Original post by priya.yaya
hey
how hard is it to get a B in this ?? so scared now... there's A LOT of ku :frown:

Work hard and you'll be fine. Out of the 3 AH's I did last year Chemistry was probably my easiest. What did you get in Higher?
There's hardly any KU in Chemistry...

I'm sorry but I don't think I could disagree with this any more strongly.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse

This is actually disgusting.
Any one know any good projects that are easy to do ???
Was going to do the detrimental effect uv light has on paracetamol but can't find anything anywhere on the web for it so don't know how to do it unless any of u's know where i could find any info on it ???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending