The Student Room Group

Boyfriend is insecure about his height.

We're both 16 year old guys. I'm 5 foot 5 and he's 5 foot 3. He's insecure about being shorter than me and although we're both relatively skinny, he's skinnier than me. He keeps telling me sometimes he thinks I'd rather someone taller and less skinny and I keep telling him his height doesn't matter, because I'm short as well! He keeps insisting he's too short and skinny for me. What can I tell him so he can feel better about it?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
The best thing you can do, and this is coming from someone who is slightly shorter than he is, is to continue to make him feel like you love him, tell him that he is perfect for you.
Reply 2
Just show him how much you don't give a ****. Plain and simple 'listen the fact that I'm going out with you and you are the size you are surely proves I don't give a **** about your height' mwah and slobber all over his little face.
Reply 3
Original post by ct2k7
The best thing you can do, and this is coming from someone who is slightly shorter than he is, is to continue to make him feel like you love him, tell him that he is perfect for you.

Original post by Ebony19
Just show him how much you don't give a ****. Plain and simple 'listen the fact that I'm going out with you and you are the size you are surely proves I don't give a **** about your height' mwah and slobber all over his little face.

Thank you both :smile:
Reply 4
There's about a 2 inch difference between my boyfriend and I too (and he's three years older than me!) so I know where you're coming from. Honestly the two posters above are completely right, just let him know that you really love him and you aren't going out with him because of his height. Anyway someone in your relationship has to be shorter and it just happens to be him, tell him to embrace it!
Reply 5
Original post by n-qia
There's about a 2 inch difference between my boyfriend and I too (and he's three years older than me!) so I know where you're coming from. Honestly the two posters above are completely right, just let him know that you really love him and you aren't going out with him because of his height. Anyway someone in your relationship has to be shorter and it just happens to be him, tell him to embrace it!

Thanks, I'll tell him that!
Reply 6
Anyone else?
Reply 7
Nothing more to be said you got your answers. If he were single and bitching about it then maybe he'd have a reason to think that but I can't imagine when you're WITH someone where you find reason to worry. Don't butter him up too much but like people said...tell him straight. You are with him and he has remained the same height throughout the relationship. Pretty sure he wasn't wearing stilts when you met so your frame of mind won't change with it.
Reply 8
dump him, hes a whiny little insecure loser
Reply 9
buy him some nice platform boots for his birthday. sorted.
Reply 10
Don't indulge him in it. Tell him to stop whining about it and accept what he has got.

Two inches is nothing. My girlfriend is 2-3 inches taller than me and I can barely tell that we are so different in height when we are standing next to each other walking down the street. It is only that apparent if we are in front of a mirror or something.

Seriously, if you are average height and are in a group of people, chances are there will be a couple who are 2 inches taller and a couple 2 inches shorter. It isn't as if you would constantly be craning your neck up and down to accommodate those centimetres.
Someone has to be shorter surely?!
Reply 12
All guys wanna be tall... they haven't realized it makes your penis proportionately smaller. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending