The Student Room Group

St Andrews Medicine Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by ImagineThat95
Just got an interview for the 20th of February :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

congrats, same here! :smile:

does anyone know how many offers st andrews give out.. i know that the year size is 170
Reply 381
Original post by heeeello

does anyone know how many offers st andrews give out.. i know that the year size is 170

Really? I thought it's somewhere around 150 if not less?

I guess we now know why they were keeping us waiting!
Original post by azyx1324
Really? I thought it's somewhere around 150 if not less?

My year (current first year) has 149 but IIRC the years above us have about 160 each.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Kingbradley6
My year (current first year) has 149 but IIRC the years above us have about 160 each.

They were meant to be increasing the numbers each year. No idea why our year is so small... Maybe we're just special :h:
Reply 385
what are some of the limitations of the course? they seem like they have a lot on clinical skills and science so not really sure what to say!!

also does anyone know if we should know all about the healthcare system in scotland?
(edited 11 years ago)
hiya everyone!
anyone else got an interview at St Andrews tomorrow? This is my first 'traditional' interview, my other two have been MMI, so i'm pretty nervous!
what are some of the limitations of the course? they seem like they have a lot on clinical skills and science so not really sure what to say!!

also does anyone know if we should know all about the healthcare system in scotland?

hiya!
I was wondering the same thing, i was gonna say something about how there isn't a hospital on site because even though there are volunteer patients, real patients would obviously be more unpredictable??, not too sure though!
And from your second question take it youre not scottish? I am scottish, tbh i'm not sure if there are any major differences from in england and wales, except we dont have prescription charges up here :P
You got an interview tomorrow?
Reply 388
Original post by RachelInTheRye
hiya!
I was wondering the same thing, i was gonna say something about how there isn't a hospital on site because even though there are volunteer patients, real patients would obviously be more unpredictable??, not too sure though!
And from your second question take it youre not scottish? I am scottish, tbh i'm not sure if there are any major differences from in england and wales, except we dont have prescription charges up here :P

yeah i think something like that should be fine :smile:
good luck for your interview tomorrow! mine is next week :smile:
yeah i think something like that should be fine :smile:
good luck for your interview tomorrow! mine is next week :smile:

So is mine, on the 20th. Been looking over the course so much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 390
So is mine, on the 20th. Been looking over the course so much

Posted from TSR Mobile

yupp im also on 20th, at 2.50pm. what time are you?
same ahhh there is so much to look at
yupp im also on 20th, at 2.50pm. what time are you?
same ahhh there is so much to look at

At 3:55pm - Have you heard from any other unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 392
At 3:55pm - Have you heard from any other unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i have two rejections and had an interview at barts.. not sure it went too well though! what about you?
Reply 393
Original post by RachelInTheRye
hiya!

just because we don't have a hospital, doesn't mean we don't meet real patients :tongue: yes, we have volunteer patients come in and talk to us, and a lot of that is not at all like what it will be like in real life, but we also have GP and other health related placements out in the periphery of Fife and the St Andrews area, on top of simulated patients and clinical skills training - i've personally found that st andrews places a bigger emphasis on clinical training than i expected them to, and i've done more clinical skills training than some of my friends who are at PBL schools :smile:
Reply 394
Original post by TattyBoJangles
I feel like a traitor for saying this.. but I am leaning towards accepting my offer from Dundee.

St Andrews are taking too long D:<

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Original post by TattyBoJangles
I feel like a traitor for saying this.. but I am leaning towards accepting my offer from Dundee.

St Andrews are taking too long D:<

Nooooooo! :eek: (I'm running a bit behind, I've only just seen this)

You've got nothing to loose by just waiting and seeing what St Andrews say. I know it's a long wait (last year I had my interview on 23rd November and got my offer on 20th March so I know how bad it is) but St Andrews is just so... :daydreaming: :biggrin:
Oh, I'm waiting to see what St Andrews say before doing anything (: More so I know I haven't just taken a fancy to Dundee because they gave me an offer first :p:

If I do get one from St Andrews, I'll probably be in a right pickle and I'd have to go up there to check them both out again.

I'll now slink off with my traitorous thoughts.. :getmecoat:
i have two rejections and had an interview at barts.. not sure it went too well though! what about you?

Had interview at Aberdeen and Dundee. Haven't heard anything since then though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 398
how are people finding the interviews? are they friendly?
Reply 399
Had interview at Aberdeen and Dundee. Haven't heard anything since then though

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow 3 interviews is amazing!! good luck for wednesday :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending