The Student Room Group

Best night life.. Kent, Liverpool or UEA?

Which is best guys! Do you prefer clubs in the city or parties on campus?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Large cities tend to have the best nightlife, so for that reason I'd choose Liverpool.
Reply 2
Liverpool.
Reply 3
Yh i'll stick with Liverpool on this one
Reply 4
Are Kent and uea boring in terms of nightlife?

Reply 5
What about Glasgow?

Why does this matter? You shouldn't be choosing a university based on it's night life.
Reply 7
None of your business why it matters mike.

Reply 8
Original post by GemmaSmith

Why limit it to those random universities? Leeds, Cardiff, Bristol and the London universities have the best nightlife!!
Reply 9
Because I'm only predicted ABB and those are viable options

Reply 10
Liverpool out of them by miles. But it does depend on your 'type' of night out. Liverpool for clubs and I'd imagine it'd be cheaper than Kent.
Reply 11
Liverpool will probably have the best nightlife but Norwich is also very good and imo a generally nicer city.
Reply 12
What a stupid question loool, ermmm UEA I think........ :s-smilie:

Liverpool, obviously.
Depends what you like, Canterbury has tons of good pubs but not many clubs. Liverpool will have the most clubs/etc I imagine.
Reply 14
I like the nightclubs! Does anyone know what Glasgow is like?

Reply 15
Original post by Origami Bullets
Large cities tend to have the best nightlife, so for that reason I'd choose Liverpool.

How's the Manchester nightlife? Hopefully if I got an offer (positive thinking) I want to firm it. Also stuck on city campus or fallowfield haha, read through a barrage of stickys and old threads and still undecided and we're in September. Like to plan ahead :colondollar:

As for the thread, well Norwich nightlife isn't bad, but I despise Norfolk. That's just personal bias though as I've lived here 18 years. Norwich is good if you live in the city. One "I won't forget moment" for me was watching a bearded student from the UEA dive into the river (we threw him a long branch to get back out, didn't leave him haha). Prince of Wales Road is the main clubbing segment really. My favorite clubs, that are just off Prince of Wales, are Kartel and Carnival. Great more alternitive atmosphere. There's plenty of police, it's a fairly safe city. The UEA campus is about 4 miles away from Prince of Wales though, and bus routes aren't the most flexible, so taxis would most likely be a must unless you fancy the trek. All in all it's good, it's not boring for sure, but I myself, am ready for a much bigger city.
Original post by GemmaSmith

at UEA one of the great things is that the on campus club is popular, especially with freshers throughout the year but there are a fair few clubs in town which students go to- Tau, Lola Lo's, Kartel, Carnival plus Mercys is reopening and what was Project is becoming Wonderland.

I'd say its not as great as Liverpool due to its size but its not bad and its better than Kent.
Original post by Dpdr
How's the Manchester nightlife? Hopefully if I got an offer (positive thinking) I want to firm it. Also stuck on city campus or fallowfield haha, read through a barrage of stickys and old threads and still undecided and we're in September. Like to plan ahead :colondollar:

As for the thread, well Norwich nightlife isn't bad, but I despise Norfolk. That's just personal bias though as I've lived here 18 years. Norwich is good if you live in the city. One "I won't forget moment" for me was watching a bearded student from the UEA dive into the river (we threw him a long branch to get back out, didn't leave him haha). Prince of Wales Road is the main clubbing segment really. My favorite clubs, that are just off Prince of Wales, are Kartel and Carnival. Great more alternitive atmosphere. There's plenty of police, it's a fairly safe city. The UEA campus is about 4 miles away from Prince of Wales though, and bus routes aren't the most flexible, so taxis would most likely be a must unless you fancy the trek. All in all it's good, it's not boring for sure, but I myself, am ready for a much bigger city.

really? when i went there it was full of pervy older men and was grim inside
Reply 18
Liverpool although ive heard good things for UEA's :smile:
Should you even have to ask? :lolwut:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending