The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I would'nt feel to guilty if you are not feeling well, then any revision you may do wont be that effectice, and just add to any stress you might currently have. Rereading set texts doesnt seem to be to much of a load though, try reading in short periods see how it goes.
Reply 2
Oh no, I do have lots of work to do, but reading of set texts is a thing where I don't need to think. I was feeling a bit iffy yesterday, and tried to do some work, but I could only concentrate for about 15 minutes <_<. Thanks for the advice.
I know I should work but I just can't motivate myself and this has resulted in me doing no revision. I do feel guilty but hey!
You got 9 A*s, obviously a very capable person.maybe.wait until you are better? - you will be able to concentrate then..
Reply 4
Thanks, I think I will try and wait, I'd rather lose a day and then have a full day of revision than prolong the days I have to not work because I am ill. To motivate - think about the grades you want, and how happy you'll feel to get them, then the opposite, how disappointed you'll be if you don't.
Take some time off to relax and get better. You're probably the most hardworking person on TSR and I remember you saying you started some light revision way back in March, so you really have nothing to worry about. Trying to revise when you're ill would be a waste of time because you wouldn't be taking things in properly and you'll take longer to recover. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:
Reply 6
kellywood_5
Take some time off to relax and get better. You're probably the most hardworking person on TSR and I remember you saying you started some light revision way back in March, so you really have nothing to worry about. Trying to revise when you're ill would be a waste of time because you wouldn't be taking things in properly and you'll take longer to recover. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Hehe, thankyou :smile: I know I probably am too conscientious, but oh well :smile: Thanks for the hugs :biggrin:
NickiM
Hehe, thankyou :smile: I know I probably am too conscientious, but oh well :smile: Thanks for the hugs :biggrin:

Being too conscientious isn't a bad thing, it certainly served you well at GCSE, you just worry too much. But then I'm always being told by my teachers to stop worrying so much and have more faith in myself as well, so I can't say too much :p: Lol you're welcome :biggrin:
Reply 8
I know I worry too much! But I can't help it hehe :biggrin:. I need to be more optimistic.
NickiM
I know I worry too much! But I can't help it hehe :biggrin:. I need to be more optimistic.

If you find the secret to optimism, let me know!
Reply 10
Will do :biggrin: Or the secret to not worrying!
NickiM
Will do :biggrin: Or the secret to not worrying!

Lol yep, that too.
Reply 12
I think I need to put things into perspective which is that I have worked hard, I am achieving good grades at the moment. I have done a little revision. I need to concentrate chiefly on my exams before half term (English and Sociology - any tips?), and I can only do my best.
NickiM
I think I need to put things into perspective which is that I have worked hard, I am achieving good grades at the moment. I have done a little revision. I need to concentrate chiefly on my exams before half term (English and Sociology - any tips?), and I can only do my best.

Exactly. Just keep thinking like that and you'll be fine. My tip for English would be to revise! I know that sounds really obvious, but I made the mistake of thinking it was a subject you couldn't revise for and I should have done a lot more than I did. Read each set text twice so you know them really well, learn about 10 key quotes for the closed text exam and use York Notes, Spark Notes and your own class notes to revise characterisation, themes etc. As for sociology, make sure you know all the sociologists and their theories really well because evidence will always be the main part of your answer. I learnt all the dates as well, but I'm not sure if that was necessary. Then of course past papers are good for both.
Reply 14
Our English exam is open book, but I am still going over chapters and need to go over themes and characterisation. I am finding some things like Post modernist view on the family a bit hard..
NickiM
Our English exam is open book, but I am still going over chapters and need to go over themes and characterisation. I am finding some things like Post modernist view on the family a bit hard..

Don't you have a closed text one as well? We had an open text, a closed text and coursework. The postmodernists are annoying because they don't really seem to have any ideas of their own, they just insist they're not a theory and criticise everyone else :rolleyes: Aren't they the ones who basically say there's no single type of family anymore and that different isn't necessarily bad or something? Don't quote me on that, I can't really remember, although I suppose I'll have to look over it all again for the synoptic :frown:
Reply 16
Errm, nope, all 3 are open text. Post mods are all for choices and diversity!
NickiM
Errm, nope, all 3 are open text. Post mods are all for choices and diversity!

Lucky you! Closed text exams are evil :frown: Oh good, at least I've still got a vague idea of what they're about then!
no need to feel guilty if you aren't well, no point pushing yourself too hard.
Reply 19
chill. everything always works out

Latest