The Student Room Group

Taking 1-2 weeks out of university - 3rd year - what would you advise?

I'm currently in my 3rd and final year of studying Psychology. I met my boyfriend at university and we've been together nearly 2 years. He's currently working abroad as part of his degree course.

I was wondering what people thought about taking 1-2 weeks out of university to go and visit my boyfriend. We're very close and being apart is hard and i'm worried it might impact my studies if I know I won't be able to see him for 3 months.

He lives near the South of France now and it's hard to get to as flights aren't very regular, so I'd need to go for a fair bit in order to make my trip worth it.

I have 4 lectures a week on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (3 Tues, 1 Weds), the rest of my time is free to do reading and my final year project.

What do you think I should do? Do you think it would be okay to miss a few lectures...I can always catch up easily online...
Reply 1
Why not just wait until the holidays? You chose to do the degree and pay tuition fees and university semesters are short.
Reply 2
As long as you do the reading and project work whilst there then yes. Lectures can be made up later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending