The Student Room Group

Student Ambassador interview

Help! I've got a student ambassador interview next week, has anyone got any tips? Anyone been through this kind of thing before know what sort of questions may be asked or what they're looking for?
Oh and what should I wear?

Thanks a lot!!
Reply 1
I had one a couple of years ago. I think they will vary a lot between uni's/departments. I just wore what I had been in uni in that day as it was straight after lectures, but I tried to make sure I looked fairly presentable. When I am working at events as an ambassador we generally just wearing jeans/whatever trousers we want and our uni tshirt - so I just went with similar for the interview - jeans and in that case a decent looking tshirt. The main thing we were told was that when we are working people know we are students, so jeans etc is fine - no one is expecting a suit, but no tshirts with inappropriate things on them, no really short shirts/shorts, no trousers half way down your legs etc!

Our interview was with 2 members of staff and four students at once - and we had various questions which we dicussed. We do a lot of widening participation work at at the uni I am at - so we were asked about what we thought widening participation meant, was it important. What the Royal Vet College means to us, what is unique about it? Err...can't remember the rest, but all fairly generic q's, I think some of it was looking for the answers to the q's, but also seeing how we could interact and work together.
Reply 2
Okay so if I wore jeans and a blouse that should be okay?
Thanks a lot that was all really helpful!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending