The Student Room Group

The Cambridge Chat Thread's Starter for Ten - 'No, you lose five points!'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Any of you guys know a good place for up to around 30 people to basically loiter for an afternoon?

Inside and warm would be good, and near the centre preferable...

The reason.
Reply 381
weatherspoons?
Reply 382
Original post by iCiaran
Any of you guys know a good place for up to around 30 people to basically loiter for an afternoon?

The reason.

Kings bar? Union?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iCiaran

The reason.

Wetherspoons was my first thought, too. Fairly central, easy to get to, cheap food and drink.
Original post by iCiaran

The reason.

The grad bar at the top of the University Centre has enough space for everyone, nice views, and inexpensive food and drink.

Bill's is usually pretty busy, but if its not a weekend that would be a great place to go.
Reply 385
Thanks for the suggestions! :smile:
The best thing about Cambridge - I should manage 3 Christmas dinners this year :biggrin:
WILLS AND KATE! Kate looked so pretty :love:

Day officially made. Now just to get through the 3 supervisions...
One of the most annoying things about being at Cambridge is the length of time it takes for someone to respond to e-mails! Does anyone know when the Cambassador meeting is tomorrow and where it is? An e-mail was sent round to everyone, but I can't find it :frown:
Original post by Eggs and Ham
One of the most annoying things about being at Cambridge is the length of time it takes for someone to respond to e-mails!
You must be unlucky. By and large I found people to be very prompt.

Does anyone know when the Cambassador meeting is tomorrow and where it is? An e-mail was sent round to everyone, but I can't find it :frown:

You should set up hermes to redirect to something like Gmail, that way your emails will be very easily searchable.
Anyone here have any thoughts on the Management Tripos?
Reply 391
Original post by Doughnuts!!
I have thoughts on management.

On the other hand, it sounds like a good way to get an extra year in Cambridge, a lot of the stuff in it actually sounds quite useful, and companies generally like that sort of thing. In fact it looks like a way to get part way through professional exams while being surrounded by friends from your first three years and with some more interesting stuff thrown in.
(edited 11 years ago)

It's supposedly quite competitive. A couple of my friends are thinking of doing it and you need at least a good 2.i to stand a chance.
Reply 393

Thinking about leaving law?! :tongue:

I know someone who started the Management Tripos this year, after reading MML for two or three years. If you'd like, I can ask him any questions you have or put you in touch.
Reply 394
I went to the talk on the management tripos in third year, and it didn't sound all that hard. I don't know if that's actually how it plays out though.
Original post by Slumpy
I went to the talk on the management tripos in third year, and it didn't sound all that hard. I don't know if that's actually how it plays out though.

Yeah, I've heard that it can effectively be a doss year if you want to treat it as such.

Original post by ratio
Thinking about leaving law?! :tongue:

I know someone who started the Management Tripos this year, after reading MML for two or three years. If you'd like, I can ask him any questions you have or put you in touch.

Stopped thinking about going into a legal career early last year. If you could put me in touch, that would be absolutely amazing!

Original post by Topaz_eyes
It's supposedly quite competitive. A couple of my friends are thinking of doing it and you need at least a good 2.i to stand a chance.

Dammit. Got an awful 2:2 last year...

Original post by harr
I have thoughts on management.

On the other hand, it sounds like a good way to get an extra year in Cambridge, a lot of the stuff in it actually sounds quite useful, and companies generally like that sort of thing. In fact it looks like a way to get part way through professional exams while being surrounded by friends from your first three years and with some more interesting stuff thrown in.

Precisely my thoughts on it! Been sorta thinking about it recently, but it's beginning to seem like a more attractive idea.
Reply 396
It's odd, I'm glad to be home but I'm really missing Cambridge.
Reply 397

Stopped thinking about going into a legal career early last year. If you could put me in touch, that would be absolutely amazing!

Ahh yes, I remember you mentioned that before. I meant academically. I'll message you on facebook now.

Original post by smilepea
It's odd, I'm glad to be home but I'm really missing Cambridge.

Grass is greener? I am slightly jealous of you. Being home must be cozy. And you don't have to worry about food etc.:tongue:

I'm staying in Cambridge for a few days with some friends. We wanted to enjoy being here without huge amounts of work (we have continuous room licenses and we barely saw each other the last two weeks so a catch up was necessary). It's nice, but being here without anything scheduled feels strange.
(edited 11 years ago)

The last time I ventured my thoughts on that in here, I got negged to within an inch of my life by a band of lurking finance people. And I think you were one of the offending parties.
Reply 399
Original post by Topaz_eyes
The best thing about Cambridge - I should manage 3 Christmas dinners this year :biggrin:

This is definitely a plus!! I've had 3 christmas dinners already and its only Dec. 5th haha. Still got two more to go in Cambridge, plus actual Christmas day :tongue: :yum:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending