The Student Room Group

Apply to ABB uni with ABC predicted grades?

I messed up in my AS's and ended up with 3 c's and an E. I continued Economics(A), Accounting (B), Maths (C) to A2. Will i get rejected if apply to do economics for AAB/ABB entry requirements?

Thanks
Economics is quite a popular/competitive subjects especially at the top universities, I suppose its ok to give it a try with a max of 2 universities at ABB but I would have the others either below your predicted or matching it, incase you miss out on a place at a ABB university
Similar situation:

My two top choices (LSE and UCL) require A*AA with the A* in maths but I am predicted A*AA with the A* in economics (so maths prediction is A)
I am applying to study economics - is it worth is? Any chance of offer?

Yeah they should at least make you an offer... although your predictions are really generous, you have lovely teachers! I am applying to some uni's that require AAA when I only got BBB (A*BB predicted) grades so why not :smile:

Good luck!

p.s. Make sure they know you're resitting the exams too!
Reply 4
Original post by EccentricGeek

Yeah they should at least make you an offer... although your predictions are really generous, you have lovely teachers! I am applying to some uni's that require AAA when I only got BBB (A*BB predicted) grades so why not :smile:

Good luck!

p.s. Make sure they know you're resitting the exams too!

My teachers were happy to predict me with these grades because in the first unit of economics I got a B, in the first unit of accounting I got a B, in the first unit of maths i got a C. I messed up in the second units and am retaking a few exams. Hopefully, will get A/B's in retakes. The unis i am applyin to are leicester which needs ABB and royal holloway needs ABB. i still searching for other decent unis with BBB requirements.
Reply 5
Original post by Newbie95
i still searching for other decent unis with BBB requirements.

Here you go:

Aberdeen BBB

Bradford BBC

Herriot-Watt BBB

Keele ABB/BBB

Hertfordshire BBB

Northumbria BBB

Northampton - BCC/BBB

Plymouth CCC

Richmond BBC

Stirling BBC

Swansea BBB

Reply 6
Would i get an offer by the RG university of liverpool, they want ABB for economics"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending