The Student Room Group

Student auctioning off virginity for charity

A student is auctioning off her virginity in the name of charity.

Brazilian student Catarina Migliorini, 20, wants to give money to underprivileged families in her home state of Santa Catarina.

She wants them to use the money to build new and modern housing.

Migliorini's plans will be followed by an Australian film crew who are to make a documentary called Virgins Wanted.

She told Folha newspaper: "I saw this as a business. I have the opportunity to travel, to be part of a movie and get a bonus with it.

"If you only do it once in your life then you are not a prostitute - just like if you take one amazing photograph, it does not automatically make you a photographer.

"The auction is just business. I'm a romantic girl at heart and believe in love, but this will make a big difference to my area."

Migliorini will receive £12,500 ($20,000) and 90% of the final auction price, currently standing at £120,000 ($192,000), which ends on October 15.

The encounter will take place on an airplane flying between Australia and the US to circumvent prostitution laws.

From Digital Spy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by hbk4894

"If you only do it once in your life then you are not a prostitute - just like if you take one amazing photograph, it does not automatically make you a photographer.

:mmm:

"The auction is just business. I'm a romantic girl at heart and believe in love, but this will make a big difference to my area."

You're also a prostitute.
Reply 2
She's probably not even a Virgin lol
That's sad, and I don't think you can really say that she's doing it for charitable or altruistic reasons if she's going to be taking 90%+ of the earnings for herself. It won't be the first time that this kind of thing has gone on though, or the last.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
My God, that is one expensive prostitute. And she gets 90% of the auction price, crikey!

If this is an ebay style auction, then someone should buy "it" and then return the "goods" for being faulty and leaky...
Reply 5
It's aeroplane. We're not American.

Also, she's a prostitute and an expensive one at that.
Not gonna lie, for 12.5K i'd do that too. But she's still a prositute of sorts :innocent:
Watched that video was there a guy there selling his virginity lol who would pay for that?
Original post by jismith1989
That's sad, and I don't think you can really say that she's doing it for charitable or altruistic reasons if she's going to be taking 90%+ of the earnings for herself. It won't be the first time that this kind of thing has gone on though, or the last.

Actually, I think she takes 90% of the final price (10% elsewhere) and then gives that to charity
Reply 9
Does that make the auctioneer her pimp?
Makes you wonder what sort of guy is willing to take part in this. Paying for someone's virginity isn't exactly the sort of thing you'd want to advertise :s-smilie:
Original post by internetguru
Watched that video was there a guy there selling his virginity lol who would pay for that?

Yeah I thought that... I assume he's auctioning his back-door virgnity? Expecting a woman to pay to take his virginity is beyond arrogant, actually.
Reply 12
Good God
Reply 13
Original post by internetguru

Really? link please.

Original post by Pixelated
Expecting a woman to pay to take his virginity is beyond arrogant, actually.

Why is it arrogant?
Reply 14
Stay classy.
The girl is stupid. That payment will not change anything for a group of people.
Original post by kka25
Really? link please.

Why is it arrogant?

The video in the op.
Original post by jismith1989

it dosnt say what shes doing with that money... its implied thats whats ggoing to charity, the 10% potion not receive goes to the auction house as tax, have you auctioned anything before or even watched and auction show lol
Original post by kka25
Really? link please.

Why is it arrogant?

A penis is a penis.
Reply 19
Original post by Pixelated
A penis is a penis.

:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending