The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

and furthermore, what would anyone see in degenerate scum?
Reply 2
I go for females.
i used to go for bad boys, i am attracted to bad boys, but i'm fed up of being treated badly, unsurprisingly, so i am now with a good boy.
i think when girls are youn, they like a bad boy, but to settle down with, they'd prefer a good boy.
Reply 4
Good guys, but not "nice" guys. I like my man to make decisions and take the initiative. I don't want my emotions to be faffed around too much, but I want to be understood and sympathised with when necessary. I don't want a wimp or a hesitant "nice" guy. I want a good man who I know can be bad at the right times :biggrin:
i like good guys because bad boys are unreliable, let you down and disappoint you.
I think it's best to approach a relationship without any damaging agendas and treat each other as equals. good guys all the way :smile:
Good guys...but not effeminate guys....have to have some raw sexness about them
Overall i choose good guys but there is something about bad guys, like an air of mystery and a vey different publice and private side. Publicly they dont display much affection or perhaps give you much of their time, but privately they can show this sensitive side which only you see (as their girlfriend) But think good guys win because im pretty bored of not knowing where i stand in relationships!!
i like a mixture of a good and bad lol! i like charming nice intelligent lads, who are romantics at heart but have a cheeky bad side which comes out at the right times!
Bad boys, I'm renowned for going for the bad boys in hope I get them to show they aren't bad deep down. I always tell myself they're just need a bit of love. Think Sawyer from Lost or Wentworth Miller from Prison Break
Used to like bad boys, then went out with a good guy, who was lovely and treated me great and then broke my heart so now I'm undecided :confused:
Reply 11
i like gentlemen! They are so sweet :smile: you know the type that open doors for you, offer to carry bags etc - thats lovely but then i like them to be tough- eg if you are walking along the street wiv them, you know no-one can harm you because he'll protect you.

in saying that, my last crush was definitely a bad boy. lol :smile:
lol my ex was a bad boy. I like bad boys who are good to girls. hehehe
blissy
Good guys, but not "nice" guys. I like my man to make decisions and take the initiative. I don't want my emotions to be faffed around too much, but I want to be understood and sympathised with when necessary. I don't want a wimp or a hesitant "nice" guy. I want a good man who I know can be bad at the right times :biggrin:

When you say nice, are you really meaning spineless or indecisive? It's sad that the word "nice" has got negative connotations.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but I don't think being nice and being masculine are mutually exclusive.

Maybe there is an attraction for some women to a male who seems to be indifferent or roguish to most people but then appears to show a different side around them...because it can make them feel they are special. The problem with that is in the long run they will find it is false. You judge the integrity of a man's character by how he treats people he is not trying to get in bed. If he is blunt with others but sensitive with you then he is turning on an act, the act will only have a limited shelf life.
Reply 14
Good guys obviously...no one in there right mind would deliberately want to be treated like sh**. Be nice tho to have a guy who could be both cause a wild, spontaneous side can be rli sexy!
blissy

:dito: Well put :wink: Some guys seem to think all girls want men who are 'bad' in the unpleasant sense. Personally I'd like a guy who could be strong and assertive (and as said above bad at the right times) but I like them to have a soft sensitive side too - best of both worlds
Reply 16
blissy

totally agree! :rolleyes:
Reply 17
-x- Lici
Good guys...but not effeminate guys....have to have some raw sexness about them
:ditto:
Reply 18
Baaaad boys! :eek: :p: Well for sexing anyway. I love it when guys have that sexiness about them that just screams diirrrrrrtty!

But for a relationship, I guess a good, genuine guy but not a pussy. Someone cool.
Reply 19
A guy that looks tough and is protective but really is a gentlemen and you can have a decent conversation with, but also have a lot of fun. A little childish is good, but mature overall.

Latest

Trending

Trending