The Student Room Group
Reply 1
is this differnet from the user guide, or the same thing??

cheers
Reply 2
The systems mainteenance section is different to the user guide section. They are marked seperately. The systems maintenence section is meant to include technical information on how to alter and correct the system if something goes wrong, and an explanation of the system's structure, whereas the user manual is meant to be a standalone document, a few pages in length, for the purposes of telling a user how to use the system.

My systems maintenance section is probably going to be less than 10 pages in length when finished.
Reply 3
if Systems Maintenence runs to 40 pages on its own then im afraid you surely must have done something wrong - it really doesn't need to be this long - it's only worth 6/65! If I was the marker i'd just get p**sed off having to read it all! Mine will be 6 or 7 pages max. Having seen sample projects, its possible to get 5/6 or 6/6 with 3 pages.

h8 to think how long your project is if one of the smallest sections is 40 pages lol. good luck nyways.
Reply 4
Your Systems Maintenance manual will be the only section which will contain most of the Technical aspect of your system - all the details of how you actually MADE the system. Therefore most of the Marks for the Technical Solution section of the mark scheme will be awarded in the Systems Maintenace manual. So, the systems maintenance manual is more like 21 marks - not 6. (15 for technical solution and then 6 for the systems maintenance.)
Reply 5
I suppose, but my codes in the appendix. Wish the specification was clearer about tech solution...
Reply 6
so have you completely anotated your code?

What have you done your project in?
Reply 7
done project in vb.net

annotated code in appendix, in systems maintenance have done the overview of system, listed every subroutine, function and all the variables and done the pseudo code of a couple of algorithms.
timo
Wish the specification was clearer about tech solution...

:ditto:

Latest

Trending

Trending